IDHS has individuals who can provide you with professional support, advice, and can connect you with customized resources for Substance Use Disorder, Problem Gambling and Mental Health.
Substance Use Disorder Services
- Illinois Helpline for Opioids & Other Substances
- Gambling Disorder Services
- Narcotics Anonymous Online Meetings:
- Alcoholics Anonymous Online Intergoup
- Alcoholics Anonymous Online Intergoup (OIAA) is here to serve our online groups; carry the message of Alcoholics Anonymous; provide a resource for A.A. information; and a listing of online A.A. groups.
- The Buddhist Recovery Network
- For online recovery resources, including virtual support communities, meetings (NA, AA, etc.) and other digital/online resources, visit: http://www.dhs.state.il.us/page.aspx?item=123318
Mental Health Services
- Crisis and Referral Entry Services available 24 hours 7 days a week designed to assist individuals in Illinois who are a risk to themselves or others due to a mental health crisis. CARES Line - 1-800-345-9049
- Crisis Intervention Response System for assistance with placement of at risk youth: 1-800-252-2873
- Trevor Project Hotline (LGBTQ+): 1-866-488-7386
- Trans Lifeline's Peer Support Hotline: 1-877-565-8860
- IMAlive is a free, confidential and secure online chat service. All chats are answered by trained volunteers. Our focus is suicide intervention, prevention, awareness and education. We provide help and hope through online crisis chat, college campus and high school events and other educational programs.
- Depression Chat Rooms
- 7 Cups
- Looking for what to do when you're lonely and sad, or looking for a bored and lonely (or depressed) chat room? You're not alone! There are so many others out there feeling the same way. 7 Cups has compassionate people like yourself who are available 24/7 to chat and support you. Regardless of where you're at or what you're feeling, we have a home for you here.