Thursday, March 12th, 2020
Last week we sent information regarding COVID-19 (the 2019 novel coronavirus) to you and your organization. That memo was meant to provide best practices and preventative safety measures that we hope you considered implementing at your organizations.
As we learn more from our partners at the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), we wanted to provide further guidance. The below memo is intended as a tool for your organization to help you respond to and prepare for the current coronavirus situation.
Memo to IDHS Providers
There are several sections of the memo dedicated to specific types of organizations. Not all information will apply to your setting, programs, or organization. In the memo you will find:
- Guidance for programs funded, licensed, or regulated by IDHS when making home visits on Page 1,
- Guidance for screening visitors/members of the public to IDHS facilities and to residential and non-residential programs funded, licensed, or regulated by IDHS on Page 3,
- Guidance for current and potential incoming residents at IDHS facilities or other residential programs funded, licensed, or regulated by IDHS on Page 4,
- Guidance for visitors to any childcare setting, including specialist and monitors on Page 6, and
- Additional general guidelines from the CDC on page 7.
We will stay in communication with you as we learn more from our state and federal partners. Additional information is available from the Illinois Department of Public Health at their Coronavirus-2019 website and the COVID-19 Hotline at 1 (800)889-3931.
As always, my team is committed to your well-being and to the health of all those we serve.
Grace B. Hou