- The Grantee shall provide summary documentation by line item of actual expenditures incurred for the purchase of goods and services necessary for conducting program activities in alignment with the current approved budget.
- The Grantee shall use generally accepted accounting practices to record expenditures and revenues as outlined in 89 Ill. Adm. Code 509, Fiscal Administrative Record keeping and Requirements.
- Expenditures shall be recorded in the Grantee's records in such a manner as to establish an audit trail for future verification of appropriate use of Agreement funds.
- In the event payments made by the Department to the provider exceed the total amount of grantee reported and Department authorized expenditures, the Grantee will be required to issue a repayment to the Department in the amount equal to the overpayment .
B. SPECIFIC BILLING INSTRUCTIONS
Providers must use the BMCH Periodic Financial Report Form to provide reporting of expenditures for each period as documented in Exhibit G of the contract. The provider shall allocate and report program expenditures by the categories in alignment with the approved budget linked to the contract.
1) Form Features
- The PFR is a Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet file.
- There is a tab for each month of expenditures.
- Expenditures are automatically calculated for the month as well as the Cumulative Amount Year To Date.
- Print Areas are pre-set - Please do not alter the print areas.
- If you have any issues with the spreadsheet file, please contact DHS.BMCHEDF@illinois.gov.
- Step 1 - Save the spreadsheet file to your computer
- Step 2 - Complete the Information and Instructions Tab - All fields are Mandatory
- Agency Name
- Agency FEIN
- BMCH Contract Number
Information entered on this tab will automatically populate to each of the monthly tabs.
- Step 3 - Complete the applicable Month Expenses Tab
||Purpose of the Field
||Submittal date of the PFR
|Reporting Month Expenditures
BMCH program expenditures must be broken down by budget line item in alignment with the current approved budget in CSA.
If you do not have expenditures to report for a month, you must still submit a PFR with the Amount Claimed as $0.
|Certification and Authorized Local Provider Approval
||A PFR is considered "Uncertified" unless it includes:
- Typed or handwritten Name and Title of the Authorized Local Provider Official,
- Date Authorized, and
- Authorization Handwritten Signature
|Report Prepared by
||Enter the name, Email and phone number of the person preparing the PFR to contact in case revisions are required.
- Step 4 - Print the completed monthly tab to Adobe PDF.
- Step 5 - Submit your Periodic Performance Report Form to DHS.BMCHEDF@illinois.gov.
3) Billing Submittal Information:
The Provider shall submit expenditure documentation by e-mail: DHS.BMCHEDF@illinois.gov.