SAMHSA - Screening, Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT)
Popular Name: Illinois SBIRT Project
Registration and Pre-Qualification
Prior to applying for any Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO), every applicant must first be registered and prequalified through the following steps. This must be done on or before the application's due date or their application CANNOT be accepted.
- Apply for or update their DUNS number (https://www.dandb.com/ ). This must be done yearly.
- Apply for or update their SAM registration and receive a SAM cage code. ( https://www.SAM.gov ) This must be done yearly.
- Be registered and in good standing with the Illinois Secretary of State. (http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/ ) (This is not required of governmental entities and schools.)
- Register with the GATA/CSFA system at https://grants.illinois.gov/registration/ . The system will automatically check your registrations with the above mentioned systems. It will also check to see if your entity is on the federal excluded parties list and if your entity is on the State of Illinois Stop Pay/Compliance list. If your entity is not up-to-date on the registrations, or is listed on the federal list or Illinois Stop Pay/Compliance list, your application will not be accepted until these situations are resolved. If a change to the registration information is needed at a later date, grantees may re-enter the system at https://grants.illinois.gov/registration/login.aspx .
No applications can be accepted for review until these steps are successfully accomplished. (Only after your entity has completed the above registration/pre-qualification steps will a state agency be allowed to accept your grant application for consideration, and that application must still be submitted by the respective due date.)
To apply for a SFY2021 DHS SUPR award for the same services you were providing in SFY2020, your organization must have been named in the Federal Grant Application in response to SM-16-007. All grantees must complete the Pre-Qualification Process, Internal Controls Questionnaire, Programmatic Risk Assessment and Grant application. The Grant Application and Programmatic Risk Assessment are to be completed for every program/grant. See Grant Application Information and Instructions webpage for more detail.
At the time of application, all grantees must submit for each grant program the following documents:
- Grant Application GA-2046:
- Uniform Grant Budget printed from the CSA Tracking.
Submit the completed grant proposal to DHS.GrantApp@Illinois.Gov and submit the application by email before April 23, 2020 at 3:00 p.m. Applications must be emailed.
The Agency Opportunity Number and the program contact must be in the subject line.
Specifically, the subject line must be:
Your Organization's Name, 21-444-26-2046-01, Joseph Tracy
The email will have 2 attachments, the Grant Application and the Budget.
The Grant Application file must be named "Your Organization's Name 21-444-26-2046-01 GA Joseph Tracy.pdf"
The Budget file must be named "Your Organization's Name 21-444-26-1609-01 Budget Joseph Tracy.pdf"
If you have trouble emailing the document due to the file size, please utilize the CMS File Transfer Utility located at https://filet.illinois.gov/filet/PIMupload.asp Please follow the instructions to attach your application. Remember to include the subject line above.