The Illinois WIC Program is responsible for authorizing, training, monitoring and ensuring compliance of all currently authorized and new grocery and pharmacy stores that accept WIC in the state.
WIC vendors are an integral part of the success of Illinois' WIC program in improving the nutritional health status of women, infants, and children by supplying nutritious food for purchase by WIC participants and ensuring that participants receive the correct kinds and amounts of the prescribed WIC Foods.
The intention of this website is to provide easy access to all of the information you may need to better understand WIC Program requirements as well as a central location where we will share any updates that affect all vendors.
Abbott Formula Recall Guidance
- Under these extenuating circumstances, treat WIC customers returning Alimentum powder, Elecare Infant, and Elecare Junior formula like any other customers.
- Please make sure none of the affected recalled formula is on your shelf.
- As a reminder, vendors may only provide "exchanges of an identical authorized supplemental food item when the original authorized supplemental food item is defective […]" (lll. Adm Code 672.425g).
- Vendors may limit quantities purchased or exchanged.
- This is a rapidly changing situation and we're waiting for further guidance from USDA. Refer families to their local WIC office if they have further questions.
Retailers should follow the return instructions provided by Abbott or their wholesale distributor.
If there is any information that you are not able to find on this website or you are not able to access a document that you need, please reach out to us at DHS.WICVendor@illinois.gov and we will be happy to help you.