Questions & Answers 20-444-26-2103-01 - SOR-Oxford House
Question 1: Does an applicant need to currently provide Oxford Housing?
Answer 1: No. This NOFO is an expansion of Illinois' current Oxford House Independent Living Initiative.
Question 2: Because Oxford Houses are not staffed at the level of the IL billable service for recovery homes, how will the funding work?
Answer 2: The services will be paid as listed in the NOFO. Oxford houses are independent living homes, that are independent of any funding support , or management by IDHS/ SUPR. To the Oxford House, IDHS/SUPR only provides a 2 year loan, and one time stipend. The Project Management Organization (PMO) receives payment for recovery coaching, loan management and site development through expense based budgets and vouchers.
Question 3: What is the level of funding expected for this grant?
Answer 3: IDHS anticipates the availability of $900,000 for eligible applicants. IDHS/SUPR anticipates awarding two (2) awards of $450,000 each.
Question 4: In the Smart Alert it states :
To be eligible, organizations must:
- Be currently licensed by IDHS/SUPR to provide Recovery Home Services.
- Be in good standing with the Illinois Secretary of State.
In addition, applicants must pre-qualify through the Grant Accountability and Transparency Act (GATA) at the Grantee Portal, https://www2.illinois.gov/sites/GATA/Pages/default.aspx.
* Do providers need to be currently licensed by IDHS/SUPR to provide Recovery Home Services?
Answer 4: There was an error in the Smart Alert. Please refer to the NOFO:
To be eligible to receive funding under this Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO), the applicant must be:
- In good standing with all State and federal tax entities;
- Certified and in good standing as a vendor with the Illinois Office of the Comptroller
- In good standing with IDHS/SUPR which means that the applicant, if licensed, has demonstrated ability to meet all applicable requirements specified in Part 2060 as verified through any or all the following: verbal interview, absence of IDHS license or funding sanctions, and/or site visit/inspection or post-payment audit determined to be in substantial compliance.
All applicants are required to provide the requested information as outlined in this NOFO to be considered for funding. Successful proposals will serve as the basis for the applicant's program plan and budget for the SFY2020 grant period.
Applicant agencies may not apply for a grant award until they have registered and pre-qualified through the Grant Accountability and Transparency Act (GATA) Grantee Portal, www.grants.illinois.gov