June 12, 2019 - Child Care Payment Update



You have reached (217) 524-9041. Thank you for calling the IDHS Child Care Certificate payment information line. Today is June 12th. This message will be updated again around June 19th.

* MOST back pay payments for services provided in October, November, or December 2018 were issued at the end of May or early June 2019. Back pay payments for services provided in January, February, or March 2019 will be issued at the end of June or early July 2019.

For more information concerning the back pay payment process, please go to the following website: www.dhs.state.il.us

On June 12th, IDHS plans to approve most payments entered on and up to June 5th. There were some technical issues that caused payments entered up to June 5th to not approve in the normal time frame, but we believe the issues were resolved and the payments should be approved tonight. We anticipate payments to continue to be approved over the next few days and return to the normal timeframe.

When payments are officially entered into the IDHS system, providers can hear the entry date and approval dates of the payments on the IDHS Payment Inquiry Line at 800-804-3833. Licensed providers must use the IVR case number to hear their payments. IVR case numbers are listed on monthly certificates, and on current child care documents.

MOST payments are issued one to three working days after being approved by IDHS. Payments are issued at night and paper checks are mailed the next working day. Direct deposit payments and debit card payments are in accounts two working days after being issued. Weekends and holidays are not working days. No processing takes place on those days.

Providers paid by direct deposit can get detailed information of issued payments via the internet, by signing up for The Office of the Comptroller Enhanced Remittance screens. To sign up, providers need to log on to the Office of the Comptroller web site at: www.illinoiscomptroller.gov. Click on the word Vendors. On the next page, go to the Enhanced Vendor Remittance area. Then, click Register, and complete the registration. After completing the registration, an e-mail will be sent to allow the provider to create a passcode and view details of payments.

All providers can view basic information (date of issue and dollar amount) of issued payments at:


On the home page, options should come up:

  • Click on Vendors
  • Enter provider VENDOR TIN (SS# or FEIN)
  • Next enter the VENDOR NAME (name as listed with The Office of the Comptroller)
  • Select the security image noted
  • Next Page Click: Payment Detail
  • Next Page Click: Find Warrant (the most recent issued payment will be listed at the top of the next page)

The debit card has a mobile app for its customers. The app is available for smart phones in Google Play or the Apple Store. The app is listed as: Way2Go Card, and allows the user to view purchases made, deposits, monthly statements, and many more helpful areas. The debit card also has a web site that will supply the same information as the smart phone app, including monthly statements. The web site is: www.goprogram.com.

For providers that are paid through the debit card, if you have trouble with your card, need a new card, your card was lost, stolen or damaged, or if you need a monthly statement mailed to you, call the card company customer service line at: 1-866-338-2944. There is a little trick to speaking with a customer service representative from the card company. You will be asked multiple times to enter your card number, do not enter your card number when the message asks for it. Press the # sign when mentioned. Then, when instructed, press option 4 for lost, stolen, or damaged card. Even if those are not your issues, still press option 4. Next you will be instructed to enter your social security number, zip code, and PIN Number. Only put in your social security number and zip code. After entering those two things, a representative should come on the line to assist you.

For child care case specific questions, or if you have a payment that was returned undeliverable, or if you have not received a payment that was issued over 20 days ago, you need to contact your Child Care Resource and Referral Office for assistance.