Effective Date: 01/01/00
Revised 02/22/13, 07/01/2017
Reference: 89 Ill. Adm. Code, Chapter IV, §50.110 (e)
Parents are responsible for reporting to the Department or its agents additional income, loss of employment, or departure from an approved education or training that would affect eligibility for child care services. The Department or its agents may schedule a redetermination at any time upon receiving information that could affect eligibility for child care services.
A client must notify the CCR&R or Site Administered Provider of a name and/or address change or of any change that may affect their eligibility for child care services within 10 days of the change.Clients must report a job loss or break in activity within 30 days after the date of loss or break in order to maintain a child care arrangement under the provisions for grace periods.
CCR&R staff and Site Administered Providers must redetermine a family's eligibility for child care assistance if any of the following occur: change in income, change in family size, change in marital status, change in the number of days of care or a change in the reason for care.
- Address, Zip Code, or Name Change (Without a change in marital status)
- CCR&R Procedures
- A client must make their request for an address, zip code, or name change in writing.
- If the client is requesting a name change, ask the client if his/her marital status has also changed. If so, the case must be redetermined based on the new family size.
- After receiving the written notification of an address, zip code or name change (without a marital status change), update the Child Care Management System (CCMS) as appropriate.
- Site Administered Provider Procedures
- Complete a Change of Information form to document the client's request for an address, zip code, or name change.
- If the client is requesting a name change, ask the client if his/her marital status has changed. If so, eligibility must be redetermined based on the new family size.
- Update the client's eligibility file.
- E-mail or Scan the Change of Information according current CCMS instructions to update the CCMS as appropriate.
- Changes that would lower a family's copayment, increase the amount of time the child is in care, change of provider or change of addresses should be given priority by the CCR&R or Site.
- Reported increases in income that do not result in eligibility being redetermined or an increase in copayment.
- A report of increase hours in an activity should be updated if it results in additional days of care or in changing a part-time day into a full-time day of care.
- Client and provider name and addresses should be updated in CCMS in order to ensure notices and certificates are mailed to the correct location.
- Family composition changes should only be updated if it reduces the copayment amount or allows verified additional children to be approved for care.
- All Other Changes
If the CCR&R or Site Administered Provider is informed of any other change that may affect the family's eligibility for child care assistance or the copayment amount, the case must be redetermined according to 02.03.01. This includes, but is not limited to, changes in marital status, family size, reason for care, number of days of care, type of care (either full time or part time), or a significant change in income. A significant change in income is defined as a 20% increase or decrease. Do not process routine income fluctuations as a change in income.