December 7, 2017 - Child Care Payment Update



You have reached 217/524-9041, the IDHS Child Care Certificate payment information line. Today is December 7th. Please listen to this message completely, there are some updates on payment processing. This message will be updated again around December 8th.

NOTE: There are still some technical issues with some payments entered 12/1/17 and 12/4/17. Some of those payments have not officially reached the child care system. However, some of the problem payments did get fixed the last two nights and are in the child care system with entry dates of December 1st, December 4th, and December 5th. IDHS programming staff is anticipating getting the remaining problem payments to officially make it into the child care system tonight, December 6th. For providers that enter their payments over the phone, if the provider successfully got their entries in to the phone system, they do not have to continue to enter the payments. Many of the payments that are officially in the IDHS system with entry dates of December 1st and 4th, were scheduled to be approved by IDHS on December 6th. IDHS hopes all the technical issues will be resolved very soon, and we will keep you updated when new information is received. IDHS plans to continue approving payments most days throughout the month of December.

When payments are officially into the IDHS system, providers can hear the entry date and approval dates of the payments on the IDHS Payment Inquiry Line of 800-804-3833. A small portion of the IVR case numbers recently changed. The new IVR case numbers were listed on the November certificates, and will be listed on future child are documents and certificates.

Providers paid by direct deposit can get detailed information of issued payments via the internet, by signing up for The Office of the Comptroller Enhanced Remittance screens. To sign up, providers need to log on to the Office of the Comptroller web site of: Click on the word Vendors. On the next page, click on the highlighted phrase, "Click Here To Access or Register For Enhanced Vendor Remittance." Then click Register and complete the registration. After completing the registration, an e-mail will be sent to allow the provider to create a passcode and view detail of payments.

To view issued payments without specific payment information, visit:

On the home page, options should come up:

  • Click on Vendors
  • Enter provider VENDOR TIN (SS# or FEIN)
  • Next enter the VENDOR NAME (name as listed with The Office of the Comptroller. Businesses need to use the legal name as Comptroller has them listed)
  • Select the security image noted
  • Click: Payment Detail
  • Click: Find Warrant (the most recent issued payment will be listed at the top of the next page)

For issued payments: MOST payments are issued one to three working days after being approved by IDHS. Payments are issued at night, paper checks are mailed the next working day. Direct deposit payments and debit card payments are in accounts two working days after being issued. Weekends and holidays are not working days.

New Debit Cards

Normally, funds are on the debit card two working days after the payment is issued. However, it may be late on the second day after the issue date before the funds reach your account. The debit card has recently added a mobile app for its customers. The app is available in Google Play or the Apple Store. The app is listed as: Way2Go Card, and allows the user to view purchases made, deposits, monthly statements, and many more helpful areas. For providers that are paid through the debit card, if you have trouble with your card, need a new card, your card was lost stolen or damaged, or if you need a monthly statement mailed to you, call the card company customer service line at: 1-866-338-2944. To speak with a customer service representative at the card company, do not enter your card number when the message asks for it. Press the # sign when mentioned. Then, when instructed, press option 4 for lost, stolen, or damaged card. Next you will be instructed to enter your social security number, zip code, and PIN Number. Only put in your social security number and zip code. After entering those two things, a representative should come on the line.

For child care case specific questions, or if you have a payment that was returned undeliverable, or if you have not received a payment that was issued over 20 days ago, you need to contact your Child Care Resource and Referral Office for assistance.

Thank You