PM 14-06-01: Minor Parent Who Meets Live-At-Home Policy

WAG 14-06-01.

relocated textWhen a minor parent meets the live-at-home requirement, designate the adult relative (or for group homes, the supervising adult) with whom the minor parent lives as the payee (RPT) for the case.

If the adult relative or supervising adult does not agree to act as payee, make the minor parent the payee.

To be RPT, the adult relative must be related to the children, live in the home, and be 18 or older.

The adult acts as payee until:

  • the minor parent reaches age 18, or
  • the minor parent moves to another acceptable living arrangement (where a new payee may be assigned), or
  • there is good reason to believe the payee is not properly fulfilling their responsibility to the minor parent and child.

For cases with an RPT, the minor parent remains grantee for the case.

See PM 14-06-06 for responsibilties of the RPT.  

See PM 16-01-00 for more information on who is named a payee for a case.