An applicant who qualifies for expedited services must be interviewed the day of application or the next workday.
- When an application is submitted electronically, mailed in or faxed, and the applicant qualifies for expedited service, call the applicant and conduct a telephone interview.
- If two cold calls are attempted and unsuccessful, workers may leave a voicemail message for the household to contact the local FCRC by close of business the day the application was received, and advise that if IDHS does not hear from them, an appointment will be scheduled. If applicant does not contact the FCRC, an appointment notice should be sent no later than the following day to the applicant with the scheduled interview date and time using regular 14-day processing timeframes from the date of application.
- If unable to reach the customer and voicemail message could not be left, or the customer gives up the right to expedited service, schedule interview using regular 14-day processing timeframes. If the applicant still qualifies for expedited services, begin expedited processing timeframes.
- If during a regular eligibility interview it is learned that the applicant qualifies for expedited service, SNAP benefits must be made available to the eligible household no later then the close of business on the 5th calendar day of the date it becomes known to the Family Community Resource Center that the household qualified for expedited service. See PM 02-08-02-b.
- Customers should not be asked to provide verifications until after the interview is held and it has been determined what needs to be provided in order to determine eligibility.