From: Maria Bruni, Acting Director
Division of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse
NOTICE OF FUNDING OPPORTUNITY (NOFO) FOR DASA SUBSTANCE ABUSE PREVENTION SERVICES (SAPS) IN MORGAN, MACOUPIN, AND SCOTT COUNTIES
The Illinois Department of Human Services, Division of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse (IDHS/DASA) has posted a Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO), 18-444-26-1552-02, for $150,000 targeted for organizations with the interest and capability to assist IDHS/DASA and agencies that provide prevention services. The notice is posted at the following link: http://www.dhs.state.il.us/page.aspx?item=98199.
There are three primary areas that service delivery will focus on in Morgan, Macoupin, and Scott Counties:
- Reduce the rate of alcohol use among 8th-12th graders.
- Reduce the non-medical use of prescription drugs among 8th-12th grader and adults.
- Increase and/or maintain participation of public schools in the Illinois Youth Survey (IYS).
To be considered for funding, all applicants are required to provide the requested information as outlined in the NOFO and submit the application on or before 12:00 p.m. on November 16, 2017. The completed grant application must be submitted electronically to DHS.GrantApp@illinois.gov.
Those eligible to apply for this competitive funding must:
- Be in good standing with the Illinois Secretary of State;
- Have knowledge and/or experience in the provision of prevention services;
- Agree to participate/send staff to training and receive technical assistance as indicated;
- Agree to participate in IDHS/DASA meetings as requested; and
- Provide all the required information as listed in the NOFO.
In addition, applicants must pre-qualify through the Grants Accountability and Transparency Act (GATA) at the Grantee Portal, www.grants.illinois.gov. During pre-qualification, Dun and Bradstreet verifications are performed and include a check for Debarred and Suspended status and standing with the Secretary of State. The process also includes a financial and administrative risk assessment utilizing an Internal Control Questionnaire (ICQ). Applicants will be notified if ineligible for an award as a result of the Dun and Bradstreet verification and the corrective action necessary to become eligible.
For further clarification, please contact Rafael Rivera at Rafael.Rivera@illinois.gov or the DASA Help Desk at DoIT.DASAHELP@ILLINOIS.GOV.