The Application for Benefits Eligibility (ABE) at abe.illinois.gov, is the State of Illinois' official website to apply for and manage Medical, SNAP and Cash benefits.
- Use the Check if I Should Apply button to answer a few questions and find out if you are likely eligible for benefits.
- Use Apply for Benefits to submit an application for benefits and upload supporting documents.
- If you have benefits, use Manage My Case (MMC) to submit renewals, report changes and monitor the status of your benefits. You can also,
- Upload documents
- View notices and benefit details
- View and reschedule upcoming appointments
- File and manage appeals
- Sign up for Text Reminders
If you have a question about ABE or encounter a problem not addressed by the Troubleshooting Tips, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Send as much information about the question or problem as possible, including:
- Your name
- Your ABE User ID
- Your Case or Application Number (if available)
- Your Phone Number where Customer Can Be Reached
- Your Email
- A description of the question or problem
- Time and date the problem occurred
- Page in ABE you were working on