- Effective 07/25/17, a new office, the Medical Management Unit (MMU), office 155, is created from the existing offices of Hunter/Broadway and will be responsible for the maintenance of medical only cases in Family Health Plans and ACA Adult/Former Foster Care.
- Certain active medical only cases in Family Health Plans and ACA Adult/Former Foster Care will be centrally transferred from the Family Community Resource Centers (FCRCs) to the new office Medical Management Unit (MMU), office 155, beginning 7/25/17.
- The transfer of the active cases involves a large volume of cases and will be completed on three separate nights.
- Do not transfer any active cases from one office to another between 7/26/17 through 8/2/17.
To streamline the maintenance of medical only cases and more effectively manage the redeterminations once the contract with Maximus ends, a new office, the Medical Management Unit (MMU) office 155, is created out of the Hunter/Broadway offices. The Hunter/Broadway offices and their respective staff are not moving but will work together as the MMU office.
Special Worker Instructions
See the list of Types of Cases Being Transferred. Do not transfer these cases between 7/26/17 through 8/2/17. Excluded cases can be transferred between 7/26/17 and 8/2/17.
Types of Cases Being Transferred
Medical only cases in Family Health Plans and ACA Adult/Former Foster Care (categories 94/96) will be centrally transferred from the FCRCs to the new Medical Management Unit office 155. These case types are:
- Family Assist and Medical Extension;
- FamilyCare Assist;
- Moms & Babies;
- All Kids Assist, including Ribicoff cases (category 94-R);
- ACA Adult; and
- Former Foster Care.
These cases will be excluded from the central case transfer:
- All Kids Share/Premium;
- Any medical case containing SNAP;
- Medical cases with separate 08 cases;
- Category 94 cases in offices: 194, 195, 198, 220, 238;
- All category 91, 92, 93 cases;
- All cash assistance cases;
- All SNAP only cases;
- All Long Term Care cases in offices 200, 244, 163; and
- All category 00/90 cases.
Central Transfer Actions
On the night of 7/25/17, the first of three waves of active cases by FCRC will be centrally transferred from the FCRC to the new office, Medical Management Unit (155). This wave will include 25 FCRCs. Two more waves of case transfer for the remaining offices will occur approximately 3 days apart. The transfer actions should be completed by 8/2/17.
[signed copy on file]
James T. Dimas
Secretary, Illinois Department of Human Services