From: Maria Bruni, Acting Director
Division of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse
NOTICE OF FUNDING OPPORTUNITY (NOFO) FOR TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE (TA) FOR GAMBLING DISORDER SERVICES
The Illinois Department of Human Services, Division of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse (IDHS/DASA) has posted a Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO), 18-444-26-0730-02, for $225,000 targeted for organizations with the interest and capability to assist IDHS/DASA and agencies that provide gambling disorder services. The notice is posted at the following link: https://www.dhs.state.il.us/page.aspx?item=95184.
To be considered for funding, all applicants are required to provide the requested information as outlined in the NOFO and submit the application on or before 12:00 p.m. on May 24, 2017. The completed grant application must be submitted electronically to DHS.GrantApp@illinois.gov.
Those eligible to apply for this competitive funding must:
- Be in good standing with the Illinois Secretary of State;
- Have knowledge and/or experience in the provision of technical assistance services;
- Agree to participate in technical assistance with IDHS/DASA given to providers of gambling disorder services;
- Oversee the training and collaboration among service providers and participate in DASA trainings and site visits; and
- Provide all the required information as listed in the NOFO.
In addition, applicants must pre-qualify through the Grants Accountability and Transparency Act (GATA) at the Grantee Portal, www.grants.illinois.gov. During pre-qualification, Dun and Bradstreet verifications are performed and include a check for Debarred and Suspended status and standing with the Secretary of State. The process also includes a financial and administrative risk assessment utilizing an Internal Control Questionnaire (ICQ). Applicants will be notified if ineligible for an award as a result of the Dun and Bradstreet verification and the corrective action necessary to become eligible.
For further clarification, please contact Joe Tracy at Joseph.Tracy@illinois.gov or the DASA Help Desk at DHS.DASAHELP@ILLINOIS.GOV.