DRS Employment Services
We provide businesses with sustainable, no-cost and low cost strategies to recruit, train, and retain the skilled workforce needed to thrive. Your partnership with DRS gives you access to our qualified vocational rehabilitation professionals. Here are some of the valuable benefits we can provide:
- Job Analysis - DRS staff can work with you to assess the requirements of your jobs and match them to the skills of our candidates. We can help identify appropriate accommodations and assistive technologies to "bridge the gap" between job needs and employee abilities. We can even help you analyze the needs of new or changing jobs to ensure that you can retain valuable employees in their current positions.
- Job Coaches - DRS can provide a job coaches to assist qualified individuals with disabilities in learning or re-learning how to perform their job.
- Training - DRS Rehabilitation Staff can provide trainings to employers on a local or statewide level, including topics related to disability awareness and the Americans with Disabilities Act. Statewide trainings are also offered each year.
There are several financial incentives that are available to businesses that hire individuals with disabilities. DRS can help you take advantage of these:
- On the Job Evaluations (OJE) are wages reimbursed to the employer for evaluating if an individual with a disability can perform the duties of a certain job.
- On the Job Training (OJT) reimburses an employer a negotiated wage if an individual with a disability that they hire needs certain kinds of training.
- Work Opportunity Tax Credits (WOTC) provides a tax credit for employers who hire certain targeted low-income groups, including vocational rehabilitation candidates and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) recipients.
There are two easy ways you can make contact with DRS:
- Call our main number: 1-877-761-9780. Live operators are available Monday through Friday between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm.
- Contact the Supervisor of one of our 46 local "Rehabilitation Services" offices listed in the DHS Office Locator
Whether you have a specific question about accommodating an employee in the workplace, or are looking for ways to diversifying your workforce throughout the state, we look forward to partnering with your business and providing solutions to your employment needs.