File a Charge

If you feel that you have been discriminated against, you have the right to file a charge with the Bureau of Civil Affairs. A written complaint must be filed within 180 days of the alleged action:

  1. Download and complete the Customer/Applicant Discrimination Claim Form (IL 444-4026) (pdf), Customer/Applicant Discrimination Claim Form Spanish (IL444-4026S) (pdf). This form is also available from your local DHS office, hospital, school, or facility.
  2. Send the written complaint to one of the following addresses:
    • BCA Chicago
      401 S. Clinton, 6th Floor
      Chicago, IL 60607

      Phone: (312) 793-0210

    • BCA Springfield
      100 S. Grand Ave. East, 3rd Floor
      Springfield, IL 62762

      Phone: (217) 524-7068

Next Steps

What Happens After A Charge Is Filed?