What is it?
Emergency Home Response Service (EHRS) is an electronic device that enables individuals to secure help in an emergency. The individual may also wear a portable "help" button to allow for mobility. The system is connected to the individual's phone and programmed to signal a response center once a "help" button is activated. Installation, upkeep and maintenance of devices and systems may be provided.
This service is only available to individuals who are authorized for Home-Based Support Services (HBS), within the Adult DD Waiver. Emergency Home Response services are limited to adults:
- Who live alone
- Who are alone for significant parts of the day
- Who have no regular caregiver for extended periods of time
- Who would, without this service, require extensive routine supervision
How Do I Become A Provider?
- You must be a company that is actively enrolled in the Medicaid programs operated by Department on Aging or the DHS, Division of Rehabilitation Services. If you are not enrolled in one of these Medicaid programs, please contact the Department on Aging (DOA) or DHS, Division of Rehabilitation Services (DHS0DRS) for information on the enrollment process.
- Email a typed cover letter with documentation verifying enrollment in the DOA or DHS-DRS programs to DHS.DDDMedProv@illinois.gov.
- Submit an IMPACT Provider Enrollment Modification request and associate to DHS-DDD as an MCO plan and as a Billing Provider. Please use the Enrollment Modification PowerPoint presentation found on the IMPACT Presentations and Materials page on the HFS website to complete this step.
- Associate MCO Plan: DD MCO Plan ID - 3000006
- Associate Billing Provider: DD Billing Agent ID - 7094718
- Email DHS.DDDMedProv@illinois.gov to notify DHS, Division of Developmental Disabilities that your modification request has been submitted for review.