What is it?
Emergency Home Response Service (EHRS) is an electronic device that enables individuals to secure help in an emergency. The individual may also wear a portable "help" button to allow for mobility. The system is connected to the individual's phone and programmed to signal a response center once a "help" button is activated. Installation, upkeep and maintenance of devices and systems may be provided.
This service is only available to individuals who are authorized for Home-Based Support Services (HBS), within the Adult DD Waiver. Emergency Home Response services are limited to adults:
- Who live alone
- Who are alone for significant parts of the day
- Who have no regular caregiver for extended periods of time
- Who would, without this service, require extensive routine supervision
How Do I Become A Provider?
1. You must be a company that is actively enrolled in the IMPACT provider enrollment system to provide Emergency Home Response Services in the Department on Aging or DHS Division of Rehabilitation Services Medicaid programs.
3. You must submit an IMPACT Provider Enrollment Modification requesting to be an DD Medicaid EHR provider.
- Please use the Enrollment Modification PowerPoint presentation as a guide to completing the modification.
- You must associate to DHS DDD as an MCO plan and as a billing agent.
- Associate MCO Plan: DD MCO Plan ID - 3000006
- Associate Billing Agent: DD Billing Agent ID - 7094638
How do I bill for EHR Services?
EHRS Vendors may submit a Fee-For-Service Programs - Request For Payment - Billing By Provider - Event (pdf) (IL462-1177) form to the address below. Please follow the Instructions for IL462-1177 to ensure that the form is completed correctly.
Administrative Voucher Unit
Dept. of Human Services
Harris Bldg - 1st Floor
100 South Grand Avenue East
Springfield, IL 62762
Note: EHRS Vendors that are providing services to multiple DD waiver participants may request access to the DHS electronic billing system. Please note the computer requirements for the Community Reporting System (ROCS). Please contact DD Provider Enrollment for more information.