AmeriCorps Manual Main Page
Programs must make child care available to any full-time member who is eligible for and needs such assistance in order to participate in the program. Member eligibility for child care is based on need. The Corporation
pays 100% of the allowance as defined by payment rates of Child Care Development Block Grant (CCDBG).
Members are eligible for child care if they meet any of the following conditions:
- Their needs are consistent with the Child Care and Development Block Grant Act of 1990.
- Their total family income is within the state median income guidelines, as defined under CCDBG guidelines.
- They with and be a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13.
- They are a full-time members (1700 hours in 12 months) or 900 hours in six month period (only with prior approval of the Corporation)
- They need Child Care in order to participate in the AmeriCorps Program
- They are not receiving child care from another source at the time of acceptance into the program
- They have a family income that does not exceed the state's income eligibility guidelines.
An Eligibility Calculator may be found on the Illinois Department of Human Services website
To qualify for payment through AmeriCorps*CARE, a child care provider must qualify as a legal provider under the CCDBG state plan.
Contact AmeriCorps®Care at 1-703-341-4100 to request child care for a member.
* Please visit the INCCRRA Agency Referral list
* See attached files: