Print the payee's name using CAPITAL LETTERS, as follows:
- last name (use a comma after last name);
- first name;
- middle initial (if any), or middle name if needed for identification;
- title, if provided by the caretaker relative.
- The total number of letters and spaces cannot exceed 25.
- Special instructions apply to a case with a guardian, representative payee, protective payee (including volunteers), or temporary payee (see WAG 27-08-01).
If the payee signs their name by an initial for the first name and uses the full middle name, enter the name as signed.
Example: MORRIS, T WILLIAM
When the payee regularly uses their first and middle names, enter the first and middle names.
Example: JONES, MARY LOU
The only valid titles are Jr., Sr., II, III, and IV. If the client claims no title, any other title, or if there is not enough space in the name field, do not enter a title. Do not shorten a name to make room for a title.
Do not use Mr., Mrs., Miss, or Ms. The given name of the payee must always be used.
Print name prefixes such as Mc, De, etc., except for St., joined to the name proper. Make sure the prefix is correctly spelled.
Write names such as St. John, St. Timothy, St. Clair, etc., with a space.