PM 23-05-01-d: Recovery

WAG 23-05-01-d

For canceled cash cases and active cases where the overpayment was found before 10/01/81, refer the overpayment to the Bureau of Collections (BOC) for recovery action.

BOC uses various recovery methods allowed under the State Collections Act and Federal law, to recover cash overpayments. The recovery methods that BOC uses include:

  • demand letters to the client requesting repayment;
  • collection agencies;
  • State Comptroller offsets (intercepting state checks such as tax refunds, lottery winnings, and state payroll checks);
  • civil prosecution; and
  • wage garnishment.