PM 23-03-02-a: For AABD Cash Clients

WAG 23-03-02-a

To figure monthly income when an employer provides quarterly or annual proof of wages, divide the quarterly or annual amount by that number of months.

If you do not have all of the information you need to figure the total amount or period of overpayment, ask the client and other sources, such as an employer, for the missing items. If you cannot get the information, ask the Bureau of Investigations (BOI) for help. (Do not refer cases to BOI when income information comes from code C on the Priority Action List.) If BOI is unable to get the needed information, use the entire cash payment amount as the overpayment.

If you get the information within 90 days of when the client was notified of the overpayment, refigure the overpayment. If the client provides the information more than 90 days after the notice, do not change the overpayment amount.

When a client who was asked to provide information about an overpayment moves out of the Family Community Resource Center area, do not delay the case transfer. Figure and report the overpayment, using available information, then transfer the case.