For late TANF Mid-Point Reporting REDE cases, see PM 19-02-01-h.
REDE Application Not Returned by Mid-Point Reporting Unit
If the unit did not return Form 1893 by the due date, do the following:
- For SNAP, take no action and let the approval period expire.
- TANF, place the case in zero grant using TA 31/TAR 35 and enter code 2 in Item 34. The case is centrally SWAPPED to FHP after 2 months.
Mid-Point Reporting unit Returns REDE Application During the Month After the End of the Approval Period
- For SNAP, process an REDE Application (Form 1893), if it is returned during the fiscal month after the end of the approval period. Register a REDE application the date the form is received. If eligible, prorate benefits from the date the form is received. When determining eligibility for the new approval period, use the income from the last 30 days, unless the unit reports a change.
For example, if the approval period ended on 01//31/17 and Form 1893 was received on 02/03/17, use 02/03/17 to register the application and prorate benefits. Use income from the last 30 days and convert to a monthly amount, see PM 13-02-04.
When an REDE application that was denied due to a missed interview or missing verification cooperates during the month after the end of the approval period, reopen the application from the date of cooperation. See WAG 19-03-08.
REDE Form Received Later than the Fiscal Month After the End of the Approval Period
If the REDE form is received later than the fiscal month after the end of the current approval period, register the application using the date received. For active cash or medical cases, the application is taken in Service Coordination. For Category 08, the application is through Intake.
- Register an application effective for the date Form 1893 is received;
- Schedule an interview with the unit;
- At the interview have the applicant complete:
- Form 683 for active cash or medical case (Service Coordination); or
- IES application, for Category 08.
Note: Which area processes these applications is subject to local FCRC procedures.
When determining eligibility and benefit amount, use the income from the last 30 days, converting to a monthly amount, see PM 13-02-04.