WAG 19-06-01-h: Code N

text deleted

revised textThis code identifies a Cash/Medical case with no earnings budgeted for a person who was reported by an employer to:

The code also identifies a case where earnings and/or ending employment has not been documented by either the presence of Item 90 earned income codes or Item 80 651 EE for a person that was reported by an employer to either the state or national New Hire Registry. Code N does not appear if an entry of code H was made in Item 52 following the New Hire selection (see WAG 22-14-02).

new textFor SNAP, see WAG 19-06-02-b.  (Code N does not list for the National New Hire for SNAP match.)  

Casework Action

  1. revised textFor Cash, if the customer responded to the central Form 1721A, budget income appropriately and determine any overpayment.

    For Medical, determine nonexempt income available during the established period using Form 2383A. If appropriate, send Medical Assistance Enrollment Status Information/Changes During the Established Period (Form 2434) to tell the customer of the new spenddown amount. 

    1. If the income is from a child's earnings, take the following actions:
      • For TANF and all Family Health Plans: the income is exempt. Enter code 805 in Item 90 of Form 552 if the child currently has earned income (see PM 08-01-01-e).
      • text deleted
      • For AABD: budget the income (see PM 08-02-00).
      • For Refugee Assistance: the income is exempt.
  2. If the customer says that they are working, ask if they have health insurance. If appropriate, complete Health Insurance Report (Form 1442) and send it to the TPL unit.
  3. Enter code 802 in Item 90 if the customer is employed. This action will clear the N code. If the customer is no longer working and employment has ended, enter code 651 EE in Item 80 of Form 552 to clear the code.
  4. If the central Form 1721A was sent and the customer did not respond, terminate benefits following the directions in WAG 22-14-02.