IES Phase 2 Process
- Form 1893, SNAP and TANF Redetermination Application and Medical Renewal, is the redetermination application used for both SNAP Change Reporting households and Mid-Point Reporting households.
- IES systematically generates Form 1893 as the notice of expiration of benefits for SNAP 60 days prior to the end of the approval period.
- If medical benefits are received on the case, IES determines if there is documentation from electronic sources to complete an automatic medical redetermination (see PM 19-02-04-c). Do not use the Auto REDE Process (A) for SNAP. Only questions pertaining to the benefit program requiring a redetermination will appear on Form 1893 for the customer to complete.
- Form 1893 is due to the Family Community Resource Center by the 1st day of the last month in the approval period if:
- completed in Manage My Case (MMC); or
- submitted to the Center Scan Unit CSU); or
- mailed through the U.S. postal service.
- A SNAP customer applying in person must file an application by the 15th day in the last month of the approval period for a timely application.
REDE Application Submitted in Manage My Case (MMC)
(IES) When a customer completes a REDE in Management My Case (MMC) before the approval period ends, creates a REDE task and routes to the appropriate Redetermination queue:
- Interview Required - Initiate REDE. All SNAP redeterminations require a face-to-face interview (see PM 02-06-01); or
- No Interview -Initiate REDE
(FCRC) When Form 1893, is returned to the office, reviews the notice to see if the customer is requesting a phone interview or an office interview. If the customer requests a phone interview, schedule a phone interview not an office interview.
(IES) Generates Form 267T, Appointment Notice, when an appointment is scheduled at the FCRC and sends to the customer with the date and time of the interview. For phone interviews also include a contact name and telephone number for them to call. Indicate any additional information or documents that are needed on Form.
It is systematically generated in IES when an appointment is scheduled for an applicant or recipient in IES. There is a statement on IL444-0267T Appointment Notice that the customer has the option to come into the office or call the office prior to the scheduled appointment time and be interviewed on a walk-in basis.
Paper REDE Application (Form 1893) Returned - DataCap Scanned Documents
(FCRC) If a customer completes a paper Form 1893 and submits it to either the Central Scan Unit (CSU) or the FCRC, scan the REDE form into IES using Data Cap.
(IES) Creates a task in the appropriate Redetermination queue:
- Interview Required - Initiate REDE. All SNAP redeterminations require a face-to-face interview (see PM 02-06-01-b); or
- No interview-Initiate REDE
REDE Form Not Returned or Returned Late
IES allows the approval period to close for SNAP at schedule cut-off, if a REDE application is not returned or processed before the approval period ends. Receipt of the SNAP REDE will not stop IES from ending SNAP, if the REDE application has been received but not processed by schedule cut-off. If the customer completes the REDE after the case is closed:
- (IES) Creates the task title Potential Reinstatement.
- (FCRC) Processes a REDE application, if it is returned during the fiscal month after the approval period. Benefits are prorated from the date the application is received. An interview is required.
- If the REDE application is received later than the fiscal month after the end of the current approval period, process as an initial application. The unit must have a face-face interview. For late TANF REDE cases see PM 19-04-02-b, WAG 19-04-02-b.
Legacy System Process
Scheduling the Interview
(FCRC) When Form 1893 is returned to the office, reviews the notice to see if the customer is requesting a phone interview or an office interview. If the customer requests a phone interview, schedule a phone interview not an office interview.
Note: If the customer loses Form 1893 or comes to the FCRC without the 1893, provide them with a blank copy from the OneNet Forms Library or a printed copy of the customer's notice may be obtained from Mobius. Enter the customer's name or case number exactly as it appears on ACID in the Mobius' search window. See Mobius Report 84502341 (English) and Mobius Report 84502342 (Spanish)
(FCRC) Sends the customer Form 1721 with the date and time of the interview. For phone interviews also include the caseworker name and telephone number for them to call. Indicate any additional information or documents that are needed on Form 1721.
Registration of a SNAP REDE
Register a SNAP REDE application:
- when Form 1893 is received with only a name, address and signature (Form 1893 must still be completed by the customer before the application can be processed); or
- when you have to issue Mercury benefits; or
- when the SNAP REDE application is to be denied; or
- for any REDE that is not completed on the regular rolls using same day processing.
NOTE: These registration requirements apply to all REDE applications, including both mail-in and face-to-face REDEs.
To register through IPACS, complete as follows:
- Item 1 -Enter case identification (ID) number.
- Item 2 -Enter the 6-digit date (month, day, and year) the application form was received in the Family Community Resource Center as indicated. For example, July 6, 1997 is entered as 07-06-97.
- Item 3 -Enter 02.
- Item 4 -Enter 7.
- Items 5, 6, & 8-10 -Complete.
- Item 33 -Enter 02, 03, 04, 06, or 07 as required.
- Item 53 - Enter the county of residence. The county of residence is the 3 digit code corresponding to the office number of the FCRC located in the household's county of residence.
Reregistration of an SNAP REDE
Reregister an SNAP REDE application on a pending Cash/SNAP or Medical/SNAP application after authorizing a one or 2-month expedited SNAP (TA 11/TAR 02) approval period. Reregistration restores a Cash or Medical SNAP application to pending status.
To reregister via IPACS, complete as described in Step 1 above, with the following exceptions:
- Item 2 -Enter a reapplication date. The date cannot be the same as the original application date.
- Item 3 -Enter 02.
- Item 33 -Enter 07.
A TAR 07 action allows a SNAP case to be approved as part of the ongoing Cash or Medical application or, when required, progressed to Category 08 (SNAP Only).
If a case ID number must be changed because the Cash or Medical application was denied, change the case number to Category 08 (see WAG 25-07-04-a).
For SNAP REDEs Not Processed Through Intake:
For SNAP REDEs not processed through intake, the SNAP REDE application form is:
- The SNAP Redetermination Application (Form 1893) or Application for SNAP (Form 683) for all SNAP units.