For regular roll cases, enter the date (month and year) of the last month of the approval period in Item 24.
If all benefits for the approval period are issued on the Mercury rolls, no entry is required for the SNAP approval period ending date.
When an SNAP REDE is completed and the unit remains eligible, advance the month and year date in Item 24. The ending date of the new approval period is figured by advancing the date by the number of months in the new approval period.
Example 1: Item 24 is shown as 06/16 for a Change Reporting Unit. A SNAP REDE is completed and the new approval period is 12-months. The new ending date entered in Item 24 is 06/17.
Example 2: For a Mid-Point Reporting Unit, Item 24 is shown as 12/15. A SNAP REDE is completed and the new approval period is 12-months. The new ending date entered in Item 24 is 12/16.
IES Phase 2 Process
When an application is approved in IES, the system assigns the Item 24 date based on the SNAP Approval Period Chart below.
Legacy System Process
The date assigned must pass through the IPACS edits. Item 24 cannot exceed the effective regular roll month plus 12 months.
- For a Mid-Point Reporting case, Item 24 cannot exceed the effective regular roll month plus 12 months. See PM 19-07-01.
- For a cash, or medical case not in EZ REDE status, Item 24 cannot exceed the effective regular roll month plus 12 months.
- For AABD cash and medical cases, Item 24 cannot exceed the effective regular roll month plus 12 months.
The IPACS edits allow more than a 12-month approval period, so it is very important for the worker to enter the correct Item 24 date. The IPACS edits are looser to allow for same day processing of REDEs.
Data entry in all the systems, including ACM, must pass through the IPACS edits.
The following chart shows the assignment of SNAP approval periods for varied SNAP units.
SNAP Approval Period Chart
||Up To 6 Months - Special SNAP Units
|AABD/Cash Medical Units
||SNAP units with changing circumstances.
|All Family Health Plan cases
||SNAP Work Requirement Units
- Member does not meet the requirement, set period to coincide with with end of eligibility.
- Member meets the requirement, set a normal period.
- Member is exempt from the requirement, set the period to end with the exemption.
|SNAP Only (Category 08), except for Special SNAP Units
|TANF case with earned income
|TANF case with no earned income
|TANF RPY case with or without earned income
|RRA Cash/Medical Units