WAG 09-02-04-a: TANF Cases

PM 09-02-04-a.

  1. (FCRC) Complete a separate Form 2355 for each RR who does not live with the applicant/client, unless the RRs live together.

    NOTE: If there is an existing order for support, attach a copy if available, to the Form 2355. File a copy of the Form 2355 in the case record. 

  2. (FCRC) Use the following guidelines to complete Form 2355:
    • Items 1-9 - Completion required.
    • Items 13-14 - Completion required.
    • Items 20-21 - Completion required.
    • Items 10-12 - Complete if information is available.
    • Items 15-19 - Complete if information is available.

      NOTE: Do not submit a Form 2355 if all of the above items cannot be completed. If the information becomes available at a later date, submit the form then. 

  3. (FCRC) Complete and send a Form 2355 to the Field Recovery Unit (FRU).

    Report any changes in the RR status using Form 2355. 

  4. (FCRC) Complete and send the Form 2355 to FRU when it is found that it should have been completed and was not.
  5. (FRU) Sends FCRC copies of any Administrative Support Orders (ASOs) or decisions reached by FRU which specify no RR obligation.

    NOTE: An ASO directs the RR to make support payments to:

    Bureau of Fiscal Operations
    Cash Management Unit
    P.O. Box 19407
    Springfield, IL 62794-9407 

  6. (FRU) Budget any payment that an RR makes direct to the client. Use code 548 to budget the payment in Item 90 of Form 552 or on the proper ACM screen (see WAG 27-90-04).
  7. (FCRC) Delete the budgeted payment shown in Item 90 of Form 552 when a copy of an ASO is received for that RR and client.
  8. (FCRC) Complete a Payment Transmittal Slip (Form 3021), if a support payment is made to the client after the ASO is issued. Send the payment and the Form 3021 to the Cash Management Unit.

    NOTE: When completing a Form 3021, check the "Administrative Support Order" section and include the RR's name. 

  9. (FCRC) Issue the client the completed Form 3021 and an envelope if they do not want the FCRC to send the payment. Complete the required entries on the form and advise the client to send the completed form and a check or money order (no cash) to the Cash Management Unit.