WAG 09-01-03: Sponsored Noncitizen's Responsibility

PM 09-01-03.

  1. (FCRC) Tell the noncitizen they must:
    • verify their basis of entry; and
    • obtain the cooperation of the sponsor.
  2. (Non-citizen) Provides a copy of the Affidavit of Support, signed by the sponsor.
  3. (Non-citizen) Provides a copy of one of the following:
    • Form INS I-151, Alien Registration Card,
    • Form INS I-551, Alien Registration Receipt Card,
    • Form INS I-181, I-94, or Passport stamped "Processed for I-551. Temporary evidence of lawful admission for permanent residence. Employment authorized."

NOTE: If the noncitizen is a refugee, they should provide a copy of Form I-94, Alien Registration, with the date and port of entry plus "Paroled as a Refugee" across the face of the card. See WAG 06-01-00 to identify persons who are refugees.

  1. (Non-citizen) Provides documents from the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) showing the basis of entry, if they entered under different conditions.