STATE PLAN AMENDMENT POSTED FOR PUBLIC COMMENT
Earlier this week, the Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services (HFS) posted the State Plan Amendment (SPA) for the updates to the facilities licensed under the ID/DD Community Care Act (Intermediate Care Facilities - ICFs) and the MC/DD Act (MC/DDs). The changes are as follows:
- $1.00 per hour wage increase for all DSPs, ICF Aides and other frontline personnel not subject to the federal Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) average wages;
- Increase to other direct care staff to the BLS average wages; and
- Employment-related expenses updated as follows:
- Aides - 29.9%
- Nurses - 24.9%
- Qualified Intellectual Disabilities Professionals - 28.1%
All questions or comments must be submitted in writing by December 14, 2022, as follows:
Bureau of Program and Policy Coordination
Division of Medical Programs
Healthcare and Family Services
201 South Grand Avenue East
Springfield, IL 62763-0001
Email address: HFS.BPPC@illinois.gov
JOIN IDHS FOR THE LAUNCH OF THE ILLINOIS DISABILITY BENEFITS 101 WEBSITE - TODAY!
Please join the Illinois Department of Human Services (IDHS) and World Institute on Disability (WID) for a LIVE demo of the new Illinois Disability Benefits 101 website (il.db101.org) today, Wednesday, November 16th. Please see the attached Release Notice and registration information below. Please forward this invitation to any state or services provider staff who might benefit from attendance - and we apologize in advance for any duplicate emails!
Illinois Disability Benefits 101 Launch Demo
Date and time:
Wednesday, Nov 16, 2022 2:30 pm | (UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)
Who should attend?
- Community-based Service Provider staff
- Certified Work Incentive Planners
- Vocational Rehabilitation staff
- State or local caseworkers
- Healthcare Organization staff
- Centers for Independent Living staff
- Independent Service Coordination staff
- Anyone helping people with disabilities to access employment and benefits
The information contained herein should not be considered a substitute for the appropriate official statutes, rules, regulations, or the advice of legal counsel.
To request to be added to our email database, or to update your contact and service information, please complete our Contact Survey.
Information provided will help us to better tailor communications to you in the future.