- Today, the DDD sent out a communication announcing the extension of the 7% COVID premium increase through December 31, 2022.
- Earlier this week, the Department of Healthcare and Family Services (HFS) released information on the FY22 ICF/DD ARPA grants provided to ICF/DD facilities under the ARPA Worker Support Program. The communication provides a list of the ICFs that accepted grant awards. HFS' ARPA Payments.
- Please see below for a survey regarding the DDD's current DSP Training and for a list of upcoming DDD webinars!
DSP TRAINING SURVEY - WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU!
The DDD is working with the University of Illinois Chicago (UIC) to revise and revamp the DDD's Direct Support Professional (DSP) Curriculum, both the DSP Required Classroom Training and the DSP Required On-the-Job Training. The updated Classroom Training will transition to an online format. The purpose of this survey is to gather diverse stakeholder input about the Classroom Training only, including content, structure, and order. We would like feedback from not only DSPs, but from other provider staff, self-advocates, families, Independent Service Coordinators (ISCs), and other stakeholders with an interest in DSP training. Your feedback is anonymous. DSP Training Survey
UPCOMING DDD WEBINAR TRAININGS
The DDD would like to announce 3 upcoming webinars that are being presented in partnership with UIC. Please be on the lookout for an email with all upcoming trainings that will go out in the coming weeks.
- September 28, 1-3pm: Supporting People with an Intellectual Disability and Mental Health Diagnoses
- October 26, 1-3pm: Approaches to Increasing Independence within Transportation for People with Intellectual Disabilities
- November 9, 1-3pm: Improving Direct Support Professional Retention within Home and Community-Based Services
COVID-19 GUIDANCE FOR COMMUNITY DAY SERVICES
The DDD has received a number of inquiries about guidance for Community Day Services (CDS) under COVID-19. The current guidance for community day services, released in March 2022, is found online.
As a reminder, this is guidance, not a mandate. The Division is open to revisiting current guidance to better meet community needs. If you have suggestions on changes, please reach out to Jennifer.Gentile@illinois.gov with specific suggestions on language.
Interim Director - Division of Developmental Disabilities
Illinois Department of Human Services
401 S. Clinton St., 6th Floor Chicago, IL 60607
O: (217) 524-2512
The information contained herein should not be considered a substitute for the appropriate official statutes, rules, regulations, or the advice of legal counsel.
To request to be added to our email database, or to update your contact and service information, please complete our Contact Survey.
Information provided will help us to better tailor communications to you in the future.