- Effective immediately, Bureau of Local Office Transactions and Support Services (LOTSS) will monitor the receipt of TANF Exception Requests and communicate with the FCRCs.
- New procedures for processing from IL444-4691/C are explained in this memo.
Effective immediately, Bureau of Local Office Transactions and Support Services (LOTSS) will monitor the receipt of TANF Exception Requests and communicate with the FCRCs.
TANF Exception Requests IL444-4691/C received at the FCRCs should be date-stamped indicating date of receipt and uploaded in IES:
- Select Upload Documents / Create an IES Inbox Task - Upload Document.
- Enter Case/application number.
- Individual Drop down - Select person on 4691/C.
- Document Category = Application.
- Document/Task Title = 4691C - Request for Exception.
- Received Date = Date 4691/C received from customer.
- Route to Queue = TANF 60 Month Exceptions.
- Browse to locate 4691/C.
- Click add.
- Click submit.
Customers can also mail the IL444-4691/C to the address indicated on the form and/or fax to the number indicated on the form:
Department of Human Services
Bureau of Policy Development
100 South Grand Avenue East
Springfield, IL 62762
The IL444-4691/C is being updated to indicate LOTSS as the receiving office.
If form IL444-4691/C is mailed or faxed to above address, LOTSS will date stamp and forward the form to the FCRC with a request to upload into IES. The FCRCs should review the Exception Request; complete form IL444-4692 and upload using instructions indicated above with the following changes:
- Document/Task Title = Complete 4692 Exception Reason Summary.
- Received Date will be the date the IL444-4692 was completed.
- FCRCs should also send 267 VCLs for information pertaining to the Exception Request, as required. All required information should be uploaded to ECR.
TANF Exception Committee Meetings will be scheduled to review the status of TANF Exception Requests. A manual release is being drafted on the TANF 60 Month Exception policy and procedures and will be posted at a later date.
Grace B. Hou
Secretary, Illinois Department of Human Services