The Health and Human Services Task Force was created by 20 ILCS 5175 to undertake a systematic review of health and human service departments and programs with the goal of improving health and human service outcomes for Illinois residents.
Please visit the link above to view the training requirements for this Board/Commission/Committee/Task Force.
Task Force members shall include one member appointed by the President of the Senate, one member appointed by the Minority Leader of the Senate, one member appointed by the Speaker of the House of Representatives, one member appointed by the Minority Leader of the House of Representatives, and other members appointed by the Governor. The Governor's appointments shall include, without limitation, the following:
- One member of the Senate, appointed by the Senate President, who shall serve as Co-Chair;
- One member of the House of Representatives, appointed by the Speaker of the House, who shall serve as Co-Chair;
- Eight members of the General Assembly representing each of the majority and minority caucuses of each chamber.
- The Directors or Secretaries of the following State agencies or their designees:
- Department of Human Services.
- Department of Children and Family Services.
- Department of Healthcare and Family Services.
- State Board of Education.
- Department on Aging
- Department of Public Health
- Department of Veterans' Affairs
- Department of Insurance
- Local government stakeholders and nongovernmental stakeholders with an interest in human services, including representation among the following private-sector fields and constituencies:
- Early childhood education and development
- Child care
- Child welfare
- Youth services
- Developmental disabilities
- Mental health
- Employment and training
- Sexual and domestic violence
- Alcohol and substance abuse
- Local community collaborations among human services programs
- Immigrant services.
- Affordable housing
- Food and nutrition
- Older adults
- Physical disabilities
- Maternal and child health
- Medicaid managed care organizations
- Healthcare delivery
- Health insurance.
IDHS Administrative Support
Task Force Administrative Contact: Khayla Breland - James.H.Pagano@Illinois.gov
Ethics Officer Contact Information: DHS.EthicsOfficer@Illinois.gov
Legislative Liaison Contact Information: Khayla Breland - James.H.Pagano@Illinois.gov