Be sure to check back for program updates within this community.
Services Provided: RPSA Violence Prevention Programming provides evidence based interventions to engage individuals at the highest risk of firearm violence. All programs include Street Outreach, Case Management and Victim Services.
Services Provided: RPSA Youth Development programming provides the following menu of prevention-focused, youth development areas of service:
- Improving academic performance
- Life skills education
- Caregiver involvement
- Recreation, sports, and cultural and artistic activities
- Positive adult mentors
6. Service learning
7. Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Learning
8. Additional services appropriate to the youth and/or their community may also be provided.
High-Risk Youth Intervention
The program aims to provide high-risk youth with evidence-based intervention services that reduce involvement in the criminal and juvenile system, increase school attendance, and when necessary, refer high-risk youth into therapeutic programs that address trauma recovery and other mental health improvements. The Youth Intervention service providers work closely with Youth Development providers and conveners to provide mental health education and services.
Services Provided: RPSA Community Conveners are responsible for convening communities and coordinating youth development and violence prevention activities. If you want to learn more about violence prevention activities in your community broadly, please contact your convening organization.
Youth Development Summer Expansion Grantees
- Teen Reach: After-school program for at-risk youth between 6 and 17 years old, designed to expand opportunities to enable, empower and encourage youth to achieve personal growth, improve expectations and capacity for future success - including avoiding and reducing risk-taking behavior.
- Community Youth Services (CYS): Community organizing, education, and outreach to build awareness and community capacity around violence prevention efforts.
- Illinois Youth Investment Program (IYIP): Youth Employment Services at a wage of at least $15 per hour. Services include: Short-term, Summer Employment, Targeted Long-term Employment, Career Development - Industry-linked Long-term Employment, Expansion of Industry-Linked Career Development Opportunities, Job Readiness, and Social and Emotional Support
Other Teen Reach, COMPREHENSIVE COMMUNITY BASED YOUTH SERVICES, Homeless Youth, Illinois Youth Investment Program, ReDeploy Illinois, Rural Youth Services Enhanced