HCBS Settings Countdown: 329 days
Thank you to all providers who worked so hard to submit your policy and site evidence this week! We are processing it all and beginning validations. Please communicate with us at DHS.HCBS@illinois.gov if you have any challenges or questions about submissions.
Please see below a terrific upcoming webinar hosted by ICDD and CQL:
HCBS Settings Rule Resources
The Council on Quality Leadership (CQL) and Illinois Council on Developmental Disabilities (ICDD) in partnership with IDHS Division of Developmental Disabilities are excited to roll out the first installment of the Statewide HCBS Settings Rule TA. Please see below for the details.
You Are Invited To A Zoom Webinar!
When: May 6, 2022 01:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada)
Topic: The HCBS Settings Rule: Countdown to Implementation
The HCBS Settings Rule provides guidance and requirements for providers to support people receiving HCBS services to have full access to the benefits of community living, be integrated in their communities, make choices, select the services they use, and direct who provides those services. This webinar will review the rights guaranteed by the HCBS Settings Rule for people receiving services.
The webinar will be presented by Leanne Mull, Bob Peterson, and Tavarus Wesley. It was developed specifically for people receiving services to better understand the rule. It was made possible by a grant from the Illinois Council on Developmental Disabilities.
* CQL will be using Zoom's built-in live transcription (closed captioning) features during the webinar. If you need any additional reasonable accommodations, please let us know in the registration form below.
Register in advance for this webinar:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
- CQL is developing an accessible version of a residency agreement providers may choose to use/adapt for use with the people they support.
- Stay tuned for updates on a webinar tailored for direct support professionals on what they can do each day to help the people they support enjoy the benefits of the HCBS Settings Rule.
- Guidance on frequently asked questions around guardianship will be released soon!
- Share your ideas on other products/activities that will assist you in your journey to come into compliance with the HCBS Settings Rule HCBS-ACT@thecouncil.org