Tuesday, March 15, 2022
2:00 pm to 4:00 p.m.
Christopher Patterson, Tyler Funk, Pastor WDB, Carl Wolf, Martha Ross, Rita Ali, Susan, Gazzini, Andrea Porter, Monica Hendrickson, Christopher Easton, Corinne Pierog, Daniel Gruber, Awisi Bustos, Javon Gregoire, Sean Gallardo, Dana Kelly, Grace Hou, Adriane Johnson, Anne Scheer, Anqunette Parham, BJ Bechtel, Camile Rose, Clifford Stoner, Mayor Taylor, Bryon LaRoche, Dezire Childress, Laretta Adams, Antwaun Banks, Bj Bechtel, Rep. Allen Brooke Hoffman, Shawn Gregory, Emily Katalinich
Welcome and Opening
- Javon Gregoire, Senior Policy Advisor, Office of Firearm Violence Prevention (OFVP) opened the Reimagine Public Safety Act Local Advisory Council Kick-Off meeting with a welcome to the group, several online housekeeping tips, and an introduction to guest speakers.
- Welcome to the Reimagine Public Safety Act Local Advisory Council presented by Sol Flores, Deputy Governor for Health and Human Services, Secretary Grace B. Hou, Illinois Department of Human Services, and Assistant Secretary Christopher Patterson - Office of Firearm Violence Prevention, Illinois Department of Human Services.
- Javon Gregoire, Senior Policy Advisor, Office of Firearm Violence Prevention conducted roll call.
- Members of the public were invited to attend in advance. Members of the public were also invited to provide public comments in advance of the meeting by 8:30 a.m., Tuesday, March 15, 2022.
- Javon Gregoire, Senior Policy Advisor, Office of Firearm Violence Prevention read a letter sent in advance of the meeting. After the public comment was read, it was noted a response would be provided as a follow-up and next step.
- Overview of Office Firearm Violence Prevention conducted by Assistant Secretary Christopher Patterson, Office of Firearm Violence Prevention, Illinois Department of Human Services.
- Overview of the Reimagine Public Safety Act Local Advisory Council and Requirements conducted by Awisi Bustos, Senior Policy Advisor.
- Overview of Meeting and Training Requirements conducted by Dan Gruber, Associate General Counsel, Illinois Department of Human Services
- Presentation from UIC on Violence Prevention conducted by Joe Hoereth, PhD, Director, Institute for Policy and Civic Engagement, University of Illinois Chicago
Break Out Sessions by Municipality
- Introductions, exercise to start achieving goals, identify needs and next steps for the LAC members were held.
- Javon Gregoire, Senior Policy Advisor, Office of Firearm Violence Prevention shared format for meetings format and dates for upcoming meetings.
- Tues. 4/12/22 and 4/26/22
- Upcoming meetings will begin to build upon the takeaways form the launch meeting, review items in the toolkit and discussion additional resources. Content of meetings.
- LAC members will receive updates on the upcoming meetings.
- The meeting was adjourned at 3:47 pm.