WAG 06-13-05-a: FamilyCare Assist

To continue SLIB for a person in a FamilyCare Assist or Moms and Babies case, when a person or entire family loses eligibility for medical:

  1. Delete SLIB from unit or cancel case, as appropriate.
    1. Send client Form 157 that says medical is ending.
    2. Add following statement after box checked "medical assistance".
      • You will continue to receive assistance with payment of Medicare Part B SMIB premiums as a Specified Low-Income Medicare Beneficiary (SLIB).
  2. Copy most current application to use for SLIB only case.
  3. Reregister application using Form 552 as SLIB only application.
  4. Assign appropriate category (91, 92, or 93) and case ID.
  5. Approve application (see WAG 17-02-04).