PM 05-08-05: Who May Apply

WAG 05-08-05

Residents of a group home may apply for SNAP benefits. The application may be made by:

  • the resident; or
  • the resident's approved representative; or
  • an employee of the group home assigned by the group home to act as an authorized representative.

The decision of whether or not to use an authorized representative is made by the group home. The group home bases the decision on the resident's mental and physical ability to handle their own affairs.