From the beginning of the pandemic, employees like you have been there for some of Illinois' most vulnerable people, serving residents and patients in need at the IDHS Developmental Centers and Psychiatric Hospitals.
To help in our fight against the pandemic, and with the support of Governor Pritzker and IDPH, we have been able to provide safe, convenient, and free vaccines onsite since January 2021.
Now, as a way to reward those who have been vaccinated, and to encourage even more to take the COVID-19 vaccine, we are holding an extraordinary drawing.
All SODC and SOPH employees who have taken at least one COVID-19 vaccine dose by 11:59pm on July 12 will be entered into the free drawing. Sixteen (16) drawings will occur for the following prizes:
- 3 drawings for [Winner's choice of] a lifetime fishing license from IDNR, OR a lifetime hunting license from IDNR, OR ten Lincoln Museum passes (including a $100 gift shop voucher), OR an Illinois State Fair gift pack, OR a DuQuoin State Fair gift pack.
- 1 drawing for two Round Trip tickets to anywhere American Airlines flies (domestic 1st class or international coach).
- 3 drawings for a pair of game tickets to 3 different Chicago Bears home games.
- 1 drawing for four (4) tickets to the Chicago Cubs 1914 Club, seats in the second row behind home plate, and a parking pass.
- 2 drawings for a pair of game tickets to 2 different Chicago Cubs home games.
- 3 drawings for a pair of game tickets to 3 different Chicago Fire home games.
- 3 drawings for a pair of game tickets to 3 different St. Louis Cardinals home games.
Please get vaccinated - and stay tuned for more information about the drawing, including an announcement of winners on July 19.
Related terms and conditions:
- Employees who received a vaccine dose at a non-IDHS site can be entered into the drawing by providing proof of their vaccine before July 12 to the IDHS Center Director or Hospital Administrator.
- Those who complete and submit this form (pdf) attesting to a documented medical or religious exemption can be entered into the drawing.
- IDNR licenses require completed and approved applications, but related fees will be covered as part of the prize.
- Illinois State Fair (in Springfield) gift pack includes: One Seasonal Parking Pass, One Discount Admission Booklet (11 Admits), Four (4) SRO Track Concert Tickets OR 4 Truck & Tractor Pull Tickets (Winner's Choice), One ISF T-Shirt, One ISF Coffee Mug, One ISF Pin
- DuQuoin State Fair [DQSF] gift pack includes: One Seasonal Parking Pass, Four Concert Tickets (Winner's Choice), Four Carnival Ride Wrist Bands, One DQSF T-Shirt, One DQSF Coffee Mug, One DQSF Pin
- * American Airlines Prizes: Each prize will contain two (2) travel award letters. Each letter is valid for one year from the issue date for one (1) roundtrip ticket to any destination American Airlines flies (first-class for U.S. domestic destinations; coach-class for international destinations), subject to fare rules. The award letter is non-transferable, non-replaceable if lost or stolen, and is void if sold, purchased, or bartered. Passengers are not eligible for American AAdvantage mileage credit or any other promotional benefit that American may offer. All travel is subject to availability and blackout dates. Winner will be provided full Terms and Conditions and must sign a prize winner letter in order to accept the travel award letters.
- Cash awards and the cash value of non-cash awards are considered to be taxable income and will be a part of winning State employees' W-2 forms. Such awards will be subject to all applicable deductions (e.g. Federal Tax, State Tax, FICA, and Medicare) and any applicable withholdings, like any other State income.
- While taxable income, cash award and non-cash awards are not pensionable income.
- Some prizes may be transferable, at the discretion of the awarding entity.