- In response to the spread of COVID-19 and the impact it has had on the Refugee Resettlement Program (RRP) participants, the Federal Administration for Children and Families/Office of Refugee Resettlement (ACF/ORR) has issued guidance regarding extending emergency support for refugees and asylees.
- Cases approved for RRP cash on or after 04/01/2019 will be centrally identified in IES and have their eligibility period extended to September 30,2021.
- RRP cash cases previously approved on or after 04/01/2019 and have since closed will be centrally identified and have their cases reopened with an ending certification period of September 30, 2021.
- The eligibility period will remain at eight months for customers who became eligible for RRP on or after February 1, 2021.
- A Client Notice CN21.08/CN21.08S(pdf) will be mailed to the affected cases to inform customers of this change.
Due to the continued impact that COVID-19 has had on the Refugee Resettlement Program (RRP) eligible population, the Federal Administration for Children and Families/Office of Refugee Resettlement (ACF/ORR) has agreed to extend eligibility periods for the RRP cash program through September 30, 2021 for those cases that qualify. This policy does not apply to RRP applications filed on or after 02/01/2021.
RRP Certification Period Extensions
RRP cash EDG's will be centrally identified in IES and have their eligibility certification periods extended to September 30, 2021. Certification eligibility periods will be extended for RRP cash EDGs that were approved on or after April 1, 2019. RRP cash EDGs that have had previous certification period extensions and have closed effective April, May and June 2021 will be reopened with an ending certification period of September 30, 2021 and issued supplemental cash payments. RRP customers that became eligible on or after February 1, 2021 will remain at an 8 month eligibility period.
IL-MUE-100-DLY Exception Report
Workers should also monitor the IL-MEU-100-DLY report for any RRP cases that exception out of this process and reopen the cases appropriately.
A client notice CN 21.08/CN 21.08S (pdf) will be mailed to inform customers of the change in their RRP cash certification period.
[signed copy on file]
Grace B. Hou
Secretary, Illinois Department of Human Services