Tuesday, December 8, 2020, 11:00 a.m.
Access Code: 872 503 5698
Peter B. Neumer, Inspector General; Brian Dunn, Chairperson; Shirley Perez, Board Member; Megan Norlin, Board Member; Pamela Oller, Administrative Assistant
Angela Hearts-Glass, Board Member; Bill Diggins, Interim Deputy Inspector General; Jae Jin Pak, Board Member
No Quorum for today's meeting - because there were not four board members present the board did not have a quorum and therefore, did not move to approve the previous meeting's minutes.
Called to Order - 11:05 a.m.
Brian Dunn, Chairperson, suggested possibly using a meeting application for future meetings in order to avoid bad telephone connections, dropping of calls, etc.
Approval of October 13, 2020, Minutes
This item is tabled until the next meeting due to the lack of a quorum at today's meeting.
Bi-Monthly Update on OIG Operations
There was discussion about the Auditor General's report, the findings, and possible responses to the findings by the Auditor General on the Office of the Inspector General. The report was discussed in depth. The below points regarding the board appointees will be addressed in the OIG's response to the Audit findings:
- The number of board members appointed - Brian Dunn, Chairperson, has been and will continue working with DHS in order to get a full panel appointed to the board.
- The representation serving on the board - Brian Dunn, Chairperson, stated that the current appointed members meet the statutory representation requirements. Inspector General Neumer will bring this to the Auditor's attention in the OIG's response to the audit.
LaSalle Veterans Home Investigation
Inspector General Neumer reported that OIG was asked to conduct an independent investigation regarding the COVID outbreak at the veteran's home in LaSalle. Because this investigation did not fall within the OIG's typical statutory jurisdiction, an Inter-Agency agreement was entered into between the offices of the Inspector General, DHS, Illinois Veteran's Affairs, and the Office of the Governor.
The OIG has conducted preliminary interviews and has scheduled an interview re: investigative logistics (regarding the scheduling of further interviews with the facility) which will take place today, December 8, 2020.
Inspector General Neumer will provide Chairperson Dunn with a copy of the Inter-Agency agreement.
- Training - Chairperson Dunn asked the board members to ensure all of their required training is complete and up to date.
- Email - The issues of accessing State email accounts were discussed.
- The next board meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, February 9, 2021, at 11:00 a.m.
- The meeting scheduled for calendar year 2021 will be established at the February 9, 2021, meeting with a hope of continuing to hold them every other month.
Meeting adjourned at 12:40 p.m.