- This policy memo provides an extension of emergency food assistance allotments for December 2020, and each month thereafter until further notice.
- Due to guidance under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act of 2020, supplemental emergency food assistance allotments under the Non-Citizen Victims of Trafficking,Torture and other Serious Crimes (VTTC) will be issued until further notice to VTTC applicants that are receiving less than the maximum monthly food assistance allotment for the household size.
- If there is an increase in household members during December 2020, or in the following months, the household will be entitled to another supplement until further notice.
- Effective December 2020, applicants that apply for food assistance will receive an emergency allotment until further notice. Eligible cases will be identified, and a supplement issued by Special Units through EPU.
- VTTC cases with food assistance will not be sent a client notice to inform them of the supplements.
Due to COVID-19, VTTC households with food assistance in Illinois will receive the full maximum allotment for the household size.
Active Households with Food Assistance
Active households with food assistance whose regular monthly benefit amount is less than the maximum monthly allotment will receive a supplemental emergency food assistance allotment to bring them to the full maximum monthly amount for the household size until further notice.
For approved VTTC cases with food assistance, Special Units will manually calculate the emergency food assistance supplements and issue benefits to households that did not receive the full maximum allotment for the household size, even if the initial approval month is prorated.
Additional Supplement Issuance
All emergency supplement allotments are being calculated and issued manually by Special Units through EPU. Food assistance households will receive their maximum benefit amount based on household circumstances and income.
Example: Mr. Z has a household of one and receives $57 per month in food assistance. Due to COVID-19, he will receive an additional supplement of $147 to equal the maximum monthly allotment of $204.
A client notice will not be mailed to these households.
[signed copy on file]
Grace B. Hou
Secretary, Illinois Department of Human Services