Illinois Department of Human Services
Division of Developmental Disabilities
This Information Bulletin is an updated guide to Rates, Billing and Payments for The Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD) Services.
For more information please contact:
POS: Kathy Ward at (217) 524-2514 or Kathy.Ward@Illinois.Gov
CILA & CDS: George Bengel at 217.782.3398 or George.Bengel@Illinois.Gov
The Division is clarifying and adding additional temporary changes to assist agencies to operate during the COVID-19 pandemic. The changes are allowed only during effective dates as defined by the Division.
Community Integrated Living Arrangements (CILA):
- A 5% rate increase went into effect on July 1, 2020 and will remain in effect until December 31, 2020.
- If you are a CILA provider who is in an emergency situation where an alternative site must be used to protect the health and safety of individuals served, please submit required forms to BALC (DHS.BALC@illinois.gov) and reach out to Maureen Haugh-Stover with DDD (Maureen.Haugh-Stover@illinois.gov or 217-782-9692). BALC forms will be posted on the DDD COVID-19 webpage.
- If you are a CILA provider who is in an emergency situation and you need to temporarily evacuate individuals from their home into another home you operate and it will exceed the maximum allowable occupancy of the evacuation site, please submit required forms to BALC (DHS.BALC@illinois.gov) and reach out to Maureen Haugh-Stover with DDD (Maureen.Haugh-Stover@illinois.gov or 217-782-9692). BALC forms will be posted on the DDD COVID-19 webpage.
- Effective July 1, 2020, each individual enrolled in 60D CILA and 65H Hourly CILA was authorized for At-Home Day program, bill code 37U. This exception remains in effect.
Community Living Facilities - (CLF) 67D & 67E:
- Effective July 1, 2020 all individuals authorized for 67D & 67E were automatically authorized for 37U At-Home Day Program. This will allow individuals who may not immediately return to a CDS site to participate in day activities. This exception remains in effect.
Community Day Services (CDS) Multiple Types 30U, 31C, 31U, 31S, 35U, 37U, 39U, 37G:
- CDS services (31U/31C) were authorized to reopen effective September 1, 2020. Please follow guidance posted in DDD Information Bulletins for guidance specific to these services.
- Effective July 1, 2020, each individual enrolled in 60D CILA, 65H Hourly CILA and CLF 67D & 67E were authorized for At-Home Day program, bill code 37U. This exception remains in effect.
- Effective July 1, 2020, 37U billing will count against the individual's 1100-hour capacity for all day program services.
- Supported Employment Program (SEP) 39U or 39G should only be billed if the person is engaged in employment.
- All authorizations for Other Day Program (30U) were terminated June 30, 2020.
Grant Funded Programs:
Effective July 1, 2020, all grant funded programming returned to operating under pre-COVID-19 guidance with the following exception:
- Providers should continue to provide remote and virtual support as appropriate.
ICF/DD & ICF/DD CDS Programs (formerly Developmental Training):
The Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services (HFS) has provided rate information and billing specifics both for additional residential funding, as well as CDS payment during this time.
The information contained herein should not be considered a substitute for the appropriate official statutes, rules, regulations, or the advice of legal counsel.
November 13, 2020