Danielle L. Kirby, Director
Division of Substance Use Prevention and Recovery
Telehealth Trainings and Opportunities
The Illinois Department of Human Services/Division of Substance Use Prevention and Recovery (IDHS/SUPR) is sponsoring 12 telehealth training sessions.
Each training session can accommodate 60 participants and 30 minutes of CEUs will be offered per session, totaling six hours if you participate in all of the offerings. If you are unable to secure a training slot, all training sessions will be recorded and can be viewed at a later date. These trainings sessions do not build on information previously delivered, so you can participate in as many that are of interest to you or your staff. A reminder that licensed organizations funded by IDHS/SUPR can bill community intervention for staff time devoted to participating in SUPR-sponsored training sessions like these: https://www.dhs.state.il.us/page.aspx?item=123132.
Please see the below list of telehealth training sessions sponsored by IDHS/SUPR:
1. May 27th: OARS for Engagement
2. May 27th: Enhancing Engagement Through a Resilient Mindset
3. May 28th: Getting Back on Track
4. May 28th: Evidence Based Approaches
5. June 4th: Technology Options and "Connection"
6. June 5th: This is Not a Continuation of Care as We Know It
7. June 10th: We Have the Technology and "They're Still Resistant"
8. June 15th: Medications in Treatment
9. June 15th: Confidentiality/Privacy/ Regulations and Documentation
10. June 16th: How Much, How Often and Why?
11. June 16th: What Does the Recovery Environment Now Mean?
12. June 26th: Technology-assisted Care Traps
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Tracey Loggins at Tracey.Loggins@illinois.gov.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) has many resources available for the development and enhancement of telecommunications infrastructure. For additional resources, follow the USDA links below.
1. Telecommunications Infrastructure Loans and Loan Guarantees: Provides financing for the construction, maintenance, improvement and expansion of telephone service and broadband in rural areas. https://www.rd.usda.gov/programs-services/telecommunications-infrastructure-loans-loan-guarantees
2. Rural Broadband Access Loan & Loan Guarantee: Furnishes loans and loan guarantees to provide funds for the costs of construction, improvement or acquisition of facilities and equipment needed to provide service at the broadband lending speed in eligible rural areas. https://www.rd.usda.gov/programs-services/rural-broadband-access-loan-and-loan-guarantee
3. Community Connect Grants: Program helps fund broadband deployment into rural communities where it is not yet economically viable for private sector providers to deliver service. https://www.rd.usda.gov/programs-services/community-connect-grants
4. Distance Learning and Telemedicine: Helps rural communities use the unique capabilities of telecommunications to connect to each other and to the world, overcoming the effects of remoteness and low population density. https://www.rd.usda.gov/programs-services/distance-learning-telemedicine-grants
5. Reconnect Loan and Grant Program: Furnishes loans and grants to provide funds for the costs of construction, improvement, or acquisition of facilities and equipment needed to provide broadband service in eligible rural areas. https://www.usda.gov/reconnect
We hope that you will explore these telehealth opportunities and find them beneficial to your organization.