Click the link above to view COVID-19 Vaccine Information, Frequently Asked Questions, and more.
IDHS Guidance and Directives Regarding COVID-19
- IDHS Guidance 1.0: Proper Use of a Face Covering in Low Risk Environment Workplaces During a Known or Anticipated COVID-19 Outbreak.
- IDHS Guidance 2.0: Social Distancing of Employees and Customers During a Known or Anticipated COVID-19 Outbreak.
- IDHS Guidance 3.0: Guidelines for Hand Washing and Hand Sanitizing at the Workplace.
IDHS Helpful Links and Resources During COVID-19
- SNAP Emergency Allotments (EA) Availability - SNAP EA are extra SNAP benefits provided to eligible SNAP households. This allows households to receive the maximum SNAP benefits for the household size.
- Pandemic EBT (P-EBT) SNAP Benefits - allows households with children who receive free lunch can receive additional money for groceries.
- State Operated Developmental Center Visitation Status
- IDHS Weekly Bulletins: Click the link to see weekly updates provided by IDHS.
- Initial Actions to Protect and Support Illinois Residents During the COVID-19 Pandemic - March to July 2020
- IDHS Information & Resources During the COVID-19 Crisis. IDHS has also translated this resource into: Chinese, Hindi, Korean, Polish, Spanish, and Vietnamese.
- IDHS Housing, Shelter & Homelessness Resources; IDHS has also translated this resource into this housing resource into Spanish.
- IDHS Relief Efforts for Child Care Providers during COVID-19; IDHS has also translated this resource into Arabic (pdf), Chinese (pdf), Hindi (pdf), Japanese (pdf), Korean (pdf), Polish (pdf), Russian (pdf), Spanish (pdf), and Vietnamese (pdf).
Click the link above to view IDHS COVID-19 data, and Frequently Asked Questions.
Public Service Announcements
- 12/30/20 - Governor Pritzker Announces Reduced Co-Pays of $1.25 for Parents in Illinois' Child Care Assistance Program
- 12/23/20 - Governor Pritzker Announces Expanded Assistance for Illinois Child Care Providers
- 12/18/20 - State of Illinois Finishes First Among Populous States and Seventh Nationwide in 2020 Census Count
- 12/15/20 - Healing Illinois announces nearly $4.5 million in awards for racial healing efforts across the state
- 12/7/20 - Pritzker Administration Launches the Illinois Commission on Poverty Elimination and Economic Security to Address Inequality and Poverty Across the State
- 12/3/20 - Pritzker Administration Launches Outreach Campaign to Support the State's Latinx and Immigrant Communities and announce 14 new Welcoming Centers across Illinois Amid Ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic
- 11/19/20 - Illinois Department of Human Services Announces Statewide Assessment of Gambling Challenges and Addiction Treatment Needs
- 11/9/20 - State of Illinois Joins Multi-State Effort to Lower Suicide Rates Among Veterans Through Mental Health Offerings and Preventative Services
- 11/4/20 - The Illinois Department of Human Services Launches Targeted COVID-19 Prevention Campaign to Help Support African American Communities in Chicago
- 10/16/20 - Pritzker Administration Announces $30 Million in Funding for Welcoming Centers to Support Underserved Communities Amidst Ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic
- 10/13/20 - PRITZKER ADMINISTRATION TO SPEND ADDITIONAL $1 MILLION IN FINAL WEEKS OF CENSUS OUTREACH
- 10/6/20 - Governor Pritzker and Lt. Governor Stratton Unveil Healing Illinois Initiative to Advance Racial Healing
- 9/21/20 - Pritzker Administration Provides $156 Million in Grants to 4,686 Child Care and Early Childhood Providers Amidst Ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic
- 9/16/20 - IDHS Launches New Pilot to Provide Fresh Produce to Communities on the South Side of Chicago
- 9/3/20 - Pritzker Administration Receives $36 Million in Federal Funding to Fight Opioid Crisis
- 8/31/20 - Illinois joins Global Campaign to Raise Awareness about Opioid Recovery during National Recovery Month
- 8/24/20 - IDHS Announces Release of Community Engagement Project Report and Next Steps for Opioid Overdose Prevention Sites in Chicago
- 8/12/20 - Pritzker Administration Extends Deadline to Apply for Nutrition Benefits Amidst Ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic
- 8/3/20 - IDHS Launches Three New Mental Health Programs in Illinois
- 6/9/20 - Pritzker Administration Launches COVID-19 Summer Youth Employment Program; IDHS has also translated this Press Release into: Arabic (pdf), Chinese (pdf), Hindi (pdf), Japanese (pdf), Korean (pdf), Polish (pdf), Russian (pdf), Spanish (pdf), and Vietnamese (pdf).
- 5/20/20 - Pritzker Administration Announces 1.8 Million SNAP Recipients Will Be Able to Buy Food Online
- 5/5/20 - A Reminder of Illinois' Text Line (55-2020), Providing Support during COVID-19 Pandemic
- 4/20/20 - Illinois receives approval to provide $112 million more in nutrition benefits for children across the state
- 4/14/20 - IDHS to close remaining local office lobbies as Covid-19 peaks in Illinois; all benefits remain available
- 4/6/20 - Illinois SNAP recipients will begin receiving maximum benefit amounts this week
- 3/29/20 - IDHS expanding services by phone and online; 14 offices will remain open
- 3/19/20 - IDHS announces modifications and closures of IDHS offices to follow health and safety guidelines for COVID-19
Click the link above to view messages to IDHS Staff.
Click the link above to view messages to IDHS Providers.
Click the link above to view additional information regarding the Paycheck Protection Program.
Illinois Waiver Requests
In response to the COVID-19 public health emergency, the Illinois Department of Human Services has submitted a series of waivers to the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) in order to increase availability and flexibility within our SNAP programs.
For a list of Illinois Waiver Requests, and status, click this link: Illinois Waiver Requests
In response to the COVID-19 public health emergency, the Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services has submitted a waiver to the Center for Medicaid & CHIP Services (CMCS) in order to increase availability and flexibility within certain Medicaid regulations.
Messages to IDHS Customers
Click the link above to view the messages sent from IDHS Divisions to Providers.