The Illinois Department of Human Services/Division of Mental Health is hosting Certified Recovery Support Specialist (CRSS) Competency Training. This training is offered as three, one-day trainings that are conducted over the course of three months. Registration forms for all three sites (Mt. Vernon, Springfield & Chicago) are attached.
REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED
Participants need to attend all three days in the same site (Mt. Vernon, Springfield or Chicago). However, participants can attend the three days in whichever site is most convenient. Please complete and submit the registration form for the site where you wish to attend the training.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Individuals who have the CRSS credential and wish to increase their skills
- Individuals interested in pursuing the CRSS credential
- Supervisors of CRSS and other staff in peer roles
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN AND PRACTICE:
- Recognize the roles of recovery support specialists as agents of culture change (Day 1)
- Practice listening with curiosity, in a non-biased manner (Day 1)
- Identify agencies with free legal assistance for individuals seeking employment (Day 1)
- Recognize motivation, support & navigation as the primary roles in mentorship (Day 2)
- Demonstrate how to help individuals make decisions about complementary & alternative approaches (Day 2)
- Key aspects of the supervisory relationship (Day 2)
- Diving deeper into challenging ethical scenarios (Day 3)
DATES & LOCATIONS:
Mt. Vernon: June 13, July 17, August 14
Springfield: June 26, July 12, August 21
Chicago: June 26, July 31, August 28