To reset your external Illinois.gov email account password:
- Go to this link: https://www2.illinois.gov/sites/doit/support/Pages/DoITIdentityManagement.aspx.
- Click on the second option: Reset your Password or Unlock your Account. You should be taken to the page below.
- Domain: The Domain should auto-fill with the text "External User (Not employed by the State of Illinois)".
- Username: Enter your entire external.gov account email address, for example: John.Doe@external.illinois.gov.
- Captcha: You should see a 6-digit number in the shaded part of the box under Username. Type that code into the white box where it says, "Type the image code:". Click on the audio icon to hear the code read to you.
- Click on Continue.
- You'll be directed to a new page. On this page, for most CIRAS users, option 1, Verify Your Identity will be appropriate. Click on, "Send an email with a confirmation code."
Verify Your Identity
Step 1: Please select one of the following options to continue:
Send an email with a confirmation code
Step 2: Is your account locked?
If your account is expired or you do not remember your password, do not select this box.
Unlock my account.
Your password will remain the same.
Once selected, the following page will appear. Enter the code received in the email and select continue.
Once entered, follow the prompts to select a new password and proceed to CIRAS log in.
Step 3: Enter Identity Confirmation Code
Please check your email or cell phone for the Identity Confirmation code and enter below.