You have reached the IDHS Child Care payment information line (217) 524-9041. Today is November 7th. Please listen to this message completely, there are some updates on payment processing. This message will be updated again around November 9th.

Note: Friday November 10th is a holiday. No processing will take place on that day.

There was a technical issue with some payments entered on November 1st, causing some of the payments from that day to not be approved yet by IDHS. We believe the issue is fixed and most of those payments should be approving tonight, November 7th .

The payment call in line, 800-804-3833, is working properly again. However, licensed providers may find that some IVR case numbers have recently changed. Please refer, to the most recent child care case paper work, or contact your local office for the correct IVR case number. Providers and clients should use this number to hear the entry and approval date of payments.

The debit card has recently added a mobile app for its customers. The app is available in Google Play or the Apple Store. The app is listed as: Way2Go Card, and allows the user to view purchases made, deposits, monthly statements, and many more helpful areas.


Recently, IDHS has approved many payments for Home and Center Providers. On November 7th, IDHS plans to approve MOST Home and Center Provider payments entered up to November 2nd, and possibly some payments entered on November 3rd. IDHS always notes MOST on the approval of payments because some payments get held up for individual technical issues that require manual processing. Initially, IDHS thought there may some days where payments would not be approved each month. At this time, those plans have changed, and IDHS expects to continue approving payments for Home and Center Providers most working days throughout the month.

Providers paid by direct deposit can get detailed information of issued payments via the internet, by signing up for The Office of the Comptroller Enhanced Remittance screens. To sign up, providers need to log on to the Office of the Comptroller web site of: www.ioc.state.il.us. Click on the word Vendors. On the next page, click on the highlighted phrase, "Click Here To Access or Register For Enhanced Vendor Remittance." Then click Register and complete the registration. After completing the registration, an e-mail will be sent to allow the provider to create a passcode and view detail of payments.

To view issued payments without specific payment information, visit: www.ioc.state.il.us

On the home page, options should come up:

  • Click on Vendors
  • Enter provider VENDOR TIN (SS# or FEIN)
  • Next enter the VENDOR NAME (name as listed with The Office of the Comptroller. Businesses need to use the legal name as Comptroller has them listed)
  • Select the security image noted
  • Click: Submit
  • Click: Payment Detail
  • Click: Find Warrant (the most recent issued payment will be listed at the top of the next page)

For issued payments: MOST payments are issued one to three working days after being approved by IDHS. Payments are issued at night, paper checks are mailed the next working day. Direct deposit payments and debit card payments are in accounts two working days after being issued. Weekends and holidays are not working days.

New Debit Cards

Normally, funds are on the debit card two working days after the payment is issued. However, it may be late on the second day after the issue date before the funds reach your account. For providers that are paid through the debit card, if you have trouble with your card, need a new card, or need a monthly statement mailed to you, call the card company customer service line at: 1-866-338-2944. To speak with a customer service representative at the card company, do not enter your card number when the message asks for it. Press the # sign when mentioned. Then when instructed press option 4 for lost, stolen, or damaged card. Next you will be instructed to enter your social security number, zip code, and PIN Number. Only put in your social security number and zip code. After entering those two things, a representative should come on the line.

For child care case specific questions, or if you have a payment that was returned undeliverable, or if you have not received a payment that was issued over 20 days ago, you need to contact your Child Care Resource and Referral Office for assistance.

Thank You