Illinois Department of Human Services
Division of Family and Community Services
Bureau of Youth Intervention Services
Services for Homeless Youth RFA
Released March 1, 2014
Appendix 2 - Application & Plan for Human Services Program Cover Sheet & Instructions
All applications shall be submitted as required in the Request for Application or other instructions distributed by the Illinois Department of Human Services.
- Applicant Organization - Provide applicant name and address as it is to appear in the contracts for services which will be developed for successful applicants.
- TIN Number - Provide your nine-digit Federal Taxpayer Identification Number (also known as the Federal Employer Identification Number, or FEIN) or the state assigned Governmental Unit Code. Governmental agencies (county or municipality) should use the Governmental Unit Code, which generally begins with 20 or 30; non-governmental agencies or multi-county agencies should use the FEIN, which generally begins with 36 or 37.
- DUNS/CCR/CAGE - Provide your nine-digit Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) number. Provide your Central Contractor Registration (CCR) expiration date. Provide your Commercial and Government Entity (CAGE) code.
- *See below for further information.
- Date of Submission - Enter the date the application is forwarded to the Department.
- Project Period - Enter the project period to be covered by this application, if different from that indicated.
- Type of Organization - Mark (X) to indicate your type of organization. Documentation of current status, such as a certificate of good standing from the Secretary of State or other comparable proof of status, must be provided for all applicants other than governmental entities.
- Legislative District - Provide the appropriate district numbers for the area(s) to be served. Information regarding Congressional Districts is available at http://www.house.gov; State Legislative Districts are available at http://www.ilga.gov.
- Important Notice - Please read in its entirety.
- Applicant Certification - Provide the name and title of the person authorized to enter into contracts or otherwise obligate the agency to provide services. This information will be used for the signature block for contracts offered to successful applicants. The signature of the authorized official certifies compliance with all requirements, as described in the Request for Application, applicable program rules and regulations, and applicable state and federal rules and regulations.
DUNS Number (Universal Identifier) & Central Contractor Registration (CCR) Requirements
DUNS Number Requirement
Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) Number is a nine-digit, or thirteen-digit (DUNS +4), number established and assigned by Dun and Bradstreet, Inc. (D&B) to uniquely identify business entities.
All applicants and sub recipients must have a DUNS number at the time of applications in order to be considered for a grant or cooperative agreement. A DUNS number is required whether an applicant is submitting a paper application or using the Government-wide electronic portal, www.Grants.gov. A DUNS number is required for every application for a new award or renewal/continuation of an award, including applications or plans under formula, entitlement, and block grant programs. A DUNS number by phone, contact the D&B Government Customer Response Center:
- U.S and U.S Virgin Islands: 1-866-705-5711
Alaska and Puerto Rico: 1-800-2343867 (Select Option 2, then Option 1)
Monday-Friday 7 a.m. to 8 p.m., CST
To process a request a D-U-N-S Number by telephone will take between 5 and 10 minutes.
Center Contractor Registration (CCR) Requirement
Central Contractor Registration (CCR) is a Federal registration database and repository into which an entity must provide information required for the conduct of business as a recipient. CCR, managed by the General Services Administration, collects, validates stores, and disseminates data in support of agency financial assistance missions.
Effective October 1, 2011, HHS requires all entities that plan to apply for, and ultimately receive, Federal grant funds from any HHS Agency, or receive sub awards directly from recipients of those grant funds to:
- Be registered in the CCR prior to submitting an application or plan;
- Maintain an active CCR registration with current information at all times during which it has an active award or an application or plan under consideration by an OPDIV; and
- Provide its DUNS number in each application or plan it submits to the OPDIV.
ACF is prohibited from making an award until an applicant has complied with these requirements. At the time an award is ready to be made, if the intended recipient has not complied with these requirements, ACF:
- May determine that the applicant is not qualified to receive an award; and
- May use that determination as a basis for making an award to another applicant.
Additionally, all first-tier sub award recipients (i.e., direct sub recipient) must have a DUNS number at the time the sub award is made.
CCR registration may be made online at www.ccr.gov or by phone at 1-866-606-8220. CCR registration must be updated annually. CCR registration must be active and maintained with current information at all times during which an organization has an active award or an application under consideration.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to register at the CCR well in advance of the application due date.