Update for Friday, February 28, 2014
- If you are a provider that can enter your payment over the phone, we believe the system called the IVR will be working starting tomorrow Saturday, March 1.
- For those of you who are entering February certificates, the system will be working on March 1, but for anything that is entered on March 1, March 2, or March 3 will have an entry date of March 3 (which is the first working day), but we will not be able to see or hear it until March 4.
Many payments have been approved or issued over the last few days.
Hopefully a lot of payments have been issued to your providers.
Some payments still have not been approved by DHS because they are still held up with some technical issues. We hope they will be processed very soon.
To follow your payments, use our toll free number: 1-800-804-3833
- If you are a licensed provider, you must enter the case number and it must be the correct IVR case number so look at your recent paperwork for the correct IVR case number.
To see if a payment has been issued, you can go to the Comptroller Website: www.ioc.state.il.us
Once you get to the Comptroller's Web Page:
- Go to the tab at the top that says Financial inquiries
- Enter your social security or tax number
- For the next couple of pages, click on the gray box that says payments or find warrants (about the fourth page into the information)
- Once your payment is issued:
- if it's a paper check it goes in the mail the next working day;
- if it's direct deposit, two days later it's in your account.
If you have any questions about any child care payments, case approval, DD, a payment that was not received or if it was returned; you need to contact the Child Care Payment Office.