From: Theodora Binion, Director
Division of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse
SAVE THE DATE 2014 CERTIFIED RECOVERY SUPPORT SPECIALIST (CRSS)
The Department of Human Services/Division of Mental Health will be hosting a Certified Recovery Support Specialist (CRSS) Competency Training. We will offer the training at three locations throughout the state. Please note that there is a new format for the training, and we believe this structure best meets the needs of individuals who will be attending. We now offer the training as two one-day trainings that are conducted several weeks apart.
The training sites and dates offered are listed below. Participants may choose the most convenient location for the training. However, they are required to attend both days at the same site (central, southern, northern). Registration will be required, and will be coordinated by site. Registration forms will be mailed in late March. Please save the date for the training location of your choice.
There will be no charge for the training. However, due to budgetary constraints, there will be no scholarships or mileage reimbursement available, and lunch is on your own.
* Central - May 15th and July 17, 2014
Illinois Department of Agriculture
* Southern - July 15th and October 28, 2014
St. Mary's Good Samaritan
1 Good Samaritan Way
Mt. Vernon, Illinois 62864
* Northern - August 20th and September 10, 2014
James R. Thompson Center
100 West Randolph
Chicago, Illinois 60601
Who Should Attend
- Individuals interested in pursuing the CRSS credential;
- CRSS professionals who wish to increase their skills; and
- Supervisors of peer mentors and other CRSS staff.
What You Will Learn and Practice
- Advocacy: Promoting individual choice and self-determination;
- Professional Responsibility: The supervisory relationship, and other complex relationships;
- Mentoring: Role-modeling behavior;
- Recovery Support: 10 Fundamental Components of Recovery;
- CRSS Requirements: How to apply for and maintain the CRSS credential; and
- Plus: Panel of currently employed CRSS professionals.